I Kinda Miss My Forum.

László

Too Many Notes
For a few years I had a guitar-oriented forum that was kind of a fun private fiefdom, until I got busy with other things. Frankly, very few people bothered with it, even though they could sell their gear for free - and no one used that section of it either, which puzzled me, because people are always asking where they can sell gear.

So I killed it.

But now I'm starting to miss having my own little music-related site. I probably won't resurrect it, but it was fun to have.

"And your point is?"

"No point, I'm just whining."

For a few years I had a guitar-oriented forum that was kind of a fun private fiefdom, until I got busy with other things. Frankly, very few people bothered with it, even though they could sell their gear for free - and no one used that section of it either, which puzzled me, because people are always asking where they can sell gear.

So I killed it.

But now I'm starting to miss having my own little music-related site. I probably won't resurrect it, but it was fun to have.

"And your point is?"

"No point, I'm just whining."

I know how you feel. I used to run a website, a kind of homage to vintage amps and effects focused on creating blueprints to service old stuff, as well as doing DIY layouts on stripboards and turret boards. I got fed up eventually - some people were taking advantage of this website to milk it for money. Not going to brag, but I still see my work around. I always marked it one way or the other, so it's easily spottable. It's still mirrored somewhere by a website fanbase, but I have nothing to do with it.

- "bring it back."

- "Nah, ima over it. Too old."

- "I think you should"

- "wait, are you Les voice in my head?"

Back