I keep seeing solid back color guitars

Does anyone prefer solid color backs?

• Total voters
I'm still hoping to own a blacktop guitar, where the top is solid opaque black and the back and sides are natural.

I wouldn't kick a good guitar out of bed for bad makeup, but here are a couple I couldn't imagine covering up
CK_165BurlHollowbodyBodyBack.JPG

Yes, I know it an acoustic, but I'm trying to make a point
CK_302CollectionBack.JPG

and sometimes the natural grain is the perfect fashion accessory
CK_358EywaNeckByBoogie.JPG

and perhaps my favourite backside
CK_829BackNeckFigureAAA.jpeg

Oh mama, that Mesa too!

Man, this could go south, quick :D

Hey! Dave and I do the puns, you just concentrate on showing us nice guitars!;)

It depends.

But generally not:

The only one where I did not supply the wood:

Stop it, stop it, stop it!!

Are you sure we’re not related?;)

Talking of decadence, @bodia has a seafoam (or did) opaque top, that shows of the faux binding. You can see how sexy the figuring on that top is just f

Oh mama, that Mesa too!

Hey! Dave and I do the puns, you just concentrate on showing us nice guitars!;)

Stop it, stop it, stop it!!

Are you sure we’re not related?;)

Talking of decadence, @bodia has a seafoam (or did) opaque top, that shows of the faux binding. You can see how sexy the figuring on that top is just f

This one? Had.....:(

IgO8V7n.jpg

Let's see. One CE has a black back with natural binding, one CE is a solid color all over (Blazing Copper), my McCarty has an Emerald top with black back, the CU24 and DGT WL have stained backs. The SE Tremonti Custom has a black back.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to meI don't see the back when it's on a stand or on a hanger. I don't see the back when playing. While the top color is a small factor when buying, it comes down to feel and tone. Sure, when I'm buying at this price point, I want something that inspires me to pick it up just based upon looks. But I've never not bought a well playing and sounding guitar based upon color of the front or back.

Let's see. One CE has a black back with natural binding, one CE is a solid color all over (Blazing Copper), my McCarty has an Emerald top with black back, the CU24 and DGT WL have stained backs. The SE Tremonti Custom has a black back.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to meI don't see the back when it's on a stand or on a hanger. I don't see the back when playing. While the top color is a small factor when buying, it comes down to feel and tone. Sure, when I'm buying at this price point, I want something that inspires me to pick it up just based upon looks. But I've never not bought a well playing and sounding guitar based upon color of the front or back.

Pretty much how I feel. I haven’t looked at the backs of my guitars in quite a while, come to think of it!

Yes, I suck at being a PRS aficionado. :)

There is no way I will ever own a black guitar. That is unless a good deal comes along;)

There is some really nice 'Black' guitars and not necessarily a uniformly 'black' finish. There are Black guitars that still show the grain and, if I were to buy a 'black' guitar, that would be more likely to tempt me to part with money.

My first guitar - which I would buy back if I could - was a solid black colour with cream binding. That was an Epiphone Les Paul Custom with the traditional Gibson Headstock and the Diamond inlay - also had Gibson on the TRC. Granted it was used when I bought it and not particularly valuable or attractive but it was my first Guitar and I bought it myself so has some 'sentimental' value. I doubt I would play it more than my PRS guitars either but it was my first.

Apart from rebuying my first, I don't expect to be tempted to buy a Solid Black guitar ever again....

Back