I Just Keep Doing This Stuff: Here's A Fanfare.

László

Too Many Notes
This one was titled as a fanfare, but it has some twists and turns. So it's now called The Ides Of March, because I got it going on March 15.

https://persistenceofmemory.band/single/32887/a-fanfare

It has been pointed out to me that the piece isn't really a fanfare. That's true! I couldn't think of a title.
Writing music is hard enough. I'm no title writer. ;)

"You're not much of a composer, either, Les."

"Which tells you something about the quality of the original title, right?"

Last edited:
You really do have a talent for making emotive pieces, I mean, for your listeners, it’s not just music, it really does paint mental pictures, like scenes of battles and alien worlds. It’s bloody impressive!!

You really do have a talent for making emotive pieces, I mean, for your listeners, it’s not just music, it really does paint mental pictures, like scenes of battles and alien worlds. It’s bloody impressive!!

Thanks for the kind words! My feeling has always been that music spurs both emotion and intellect. I lean toward the emotion side. :)

I feel at first, like I am ascending to the heavens on an escalator. At the one minute mark, the escalator stops, and I am trapped halfway between heaven and earth. I begin to manually climb to the heavens on the still steps of the escalator, and finish with the glorious arrival at heavens gate! Thanks for the journey Mr. Les! Great job!

I feel at first, like I am ascending to the heavens on an escalator. At the one minute mark, the escalator stops, and I am trapped halfway between heaven and earth. I begin to manually climb to the heavens on the still steps of the escalator, and finish with the glorious arrival at heavens gate! Thanks for the journey Mr. Les! Great job!

Wow, thanks! So glad you got some mental images from it!

Back