I just bought that SE Mira in Cherry from Daves....

Russ73

Well I had traded my black one in to fund a Vela, then I realized hey....I don't have a gigger in my collection so after going through a player strat hss....and couple of Charvels...not bad but not me ( I'm a 70s and 90s rock guy) I saw a used one up on their site and snagged it before one of you guys do! They look great on stage and stay tune all nite....what more can you ask for....lol

Great to hear...I hope mine incoming is dark like yours...
I'm sure it will be. The lighting in photos can really make it look brighter than it really is. I took a few outdoor photos of mine and wow, it was bright red, way brighter than it looks when you're holding it.

Now what is light colored on mine is the rosewood fretboard. When I bought it I first thought wow, that wood looks kinda dry. But when I took it home and treated the fretboard I quickly realized that it's just the tone of the wood. It did darken a little but not much. I rather like it that way too, something different. I've got others they are really dark rosewoods, some ebony too. This mixes it up nicely for me.

Last edited:
I'm sure it will be. The lighting in photos can really make it look brighter than it really is. I took a few outdoor photos of mine and wow, it was bright red, way brighter than it looks when your holding it.

Now what is light colored on mine is the rosewood fretboard. When I bought it I first thought wow, that wood looks kinda dry. But when I took it home and treated the fretboard I quickly realized that it's just the tone of the wood. It did darken a little but not much. I rather like it that way too, something different. I've got others they are really dark rosewoods, some ebony too. This mixes it up nicely for me.
What other PRS are in your collection ?? If you don't mind me asking...

I'm new to PRS. My local shop is a dealer, and I played a few. I was initially drawn to the brand by the Mark Holcomb SE. I just had to have one, put my order in. Unfortunately the wait is long. I think it's scheduled to arrive sometime in March. In the meantime I've since purchased the Tremonti and the Mira.

Last edited:
I'm new to PRS. My local shop is a dealer, and I played a few. I was initially drawn to the brand by the Mark Holcomb SE. I just had to have one, put my order in. Unfortunately the wait is long. I think it's scheduled to arrive sometime in March. In the meantime I've since purchased the Tremonti and the Mira.
314755759_682331240081433_7799162326324640801_n.jpg
I think daves has a Holcomb...thats where I grabbed my Mira SE...davesguitar.com.

Check it out!

I traded in a Jackson SL2 (I don't like the piranhas, I prefer sharkfins) towards the Holcomb at my local shop, so I have store credit built up there. I'm stuck waiting for it arrive at their store but that's ok, I love having something to look forward to.

I traded in a Jackson SL2 (I don't like the piranhas, I prefer sharkfins) towards the Holcomb at my local shop, so I have store credit built up there. I'm stuck waiting for it arrive at their store but that's ok, I love having something to look forward to.
Have you thought about any of the S2s?? I have 4 various ones and love them...maybe down the road...but check em out...

That Mira i have plays great, a really bright tone. I really like it and I'm glad I bought it. Love my Tremonti too.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today its pretty killer...Daves sold it as used but this guitar was new....still had the stuff on it from the factory...like you mentioned very bright sounding ....

Nice, glad it came in great condition. It's not an expensive guitar so it's a win for sure. For me I'm glad it's got a tone of it's own, different from my other guitars. Variety, always a good thing. The split coil options really does open up some neat things to try.

Out of the gate I noticed the bridge pickup wasn't as loud as the neck. Looking more closely I could see the bridge pick up was too low and once I raised it up I got the volume of the pickups to even out much better.

Also the string action on mine was too high. Be very careful making adjustments with that flat head screw looking thing. It's not at tough as it looks. I already got the low side stud screw chewed up a bit with my screwdriver. I should have loosened the strings even more. Also putting some painters tape or something on the tip of the screwdriver might help. Just be very firm and deliberate if you need to adjust the string height.

I found the metric replacements on the MannMade website, about $25 for a set. I'll replace it one of these days but it's really not that bad.

Nice, glad it came in great condition. It's not an expensive guitar so it's a win for sure. For me I'm glad it's got a tone of it's own, different from my other guitars. Variety, always a good thing. The split coil options really does open up some neat things to try.

Out of the gate I noticed the bridge pickup wasn't as loud as the neck. Looking more closely I could see the bridge pick up was too low and once I raised it up I got the volume of the pickups to even out much better.

Also the string action on mine was too high. Be very careful making adjustments with that flat head screw looking thing. It's not at tough as it looks. I already got the low side stud screw chewed up a bit with my screwdriver. I should have loosened the strings even more. Also putting some painters tape or something on the tip of the screwdriver might help. Just be very firm and deliberate if you need to adjust the string height.

I found the metric replacements on the MannMade website, about $25 for a set. I'll replace it one of these days but it's really not that bad.
You could probably call CS and get another screw or stud for the bridge...I had to get a part for my S2 and they sent it no charge!!

Back