I hope this doesn't get me banned

Although not a tattoo guy myself (too many wrinkles and oversized gut from my cooking) that tattoo is a winner. Nothing inappropriate of something you might regret in later life, like having your former girlfriend's name standing out like a beacon to every girl you meet. That would be a buzzkill for sure.

That one will never break a headstock but it'll probably lose some brightness over time :)

I'm not calling Chibson but that truss rod cover shouldn't be blank on a Custom. The font looks right tho so I'm thinking it's genuine :)

I own an LP Custom and I love that guitar but I'd never turn myself into a walking billboard for any brand. I'm like a double agent between Gibson and PRS, I like working with both too much to pick a side.

Whether you like Gibson or not they have become an American icon and deservedly so when you consider what they have survived. It's classic Americana art at its finest!

(except for that truss rod cover) :)

Dank, that's very skilled work, and if you're gonna ink a Gibson, let be a Custom Shop.

As for repercussions: I once put Classic 57s into a fine PRS archtop and posted pics here.

I only needed Witness Protection for a couple months. They'll come around.

=K

I saw a guy when I was mountain biking with a series of bird silhouettes tattoed down his calf. So I asked him if he was a PRS guy, and he looked at me like I was from Mars - no idea what I was talking about. Turns out he's an environmental researcher, and wanted to honor the birds he was studying. I showed him a pic of my MyCarty fretboard, and he was amazed how similar it was to his ink. Tattoos aren't my thing, but if they were, the birds are a great series to do.

Back