I Hesitated and She Got Away...

Kroxa

The guitar I really wanted sold, so I purchased my 2nd choice... but I can't stop looking at the pictures of the one I didn't get. Guitar psychologists: please help.

We'd need to see images of the one that got away. My reasoning is based on the fact that production guitars are built via custom order all the time, and unless someone reports, NGD, or incoming, most of what's possible on the internet is still anyone's choice until it becomes yours.

If this was a used guitar and you're lamenting because the price was better suited to your budget, well, somebody else is thinking that they got a great deal on a used guitar. Woulda, shoulda, coulda is usually not part of the enablers' mindset on this forum.

Please pardon my aloof manner this evening. Am tired and need to put my feet up. :(

We'd need to see images of the one that got away. My reasoning is based on the fact that production guitars are built via custom order all the time, and unless someone reports, NGD, or incoming, most of what's possible on the internet is still anyone's choice until it becomes yours.

If this was a used guitar and you're lamenting because the price was better suited to your budget, well, somebody else is thinking that they got a great deal on a used guitar. Woulda, shoulda, coulda is usually not part of the enablers' mindset on this forum.

Please pardon my aloof manner this evening. Am tired and need to put my feet up. :(

I like too many colors and couldn't decided on which pattern I liked. I ended up with a cheaper, non-10 top Paul's... which arrives Thursday.

How did the one you really wanted get away?

I haven’t seen your second choice but your first choice shows pretty good taste :)

That first one you wanted, which got away? Yeah, don't worry—after being used in its first gig, it got fat, chopped its hair and into some weird style, and has developed a tendency to only want to play cliché, overproduced modern pop-country. Really let itself go. A shame, if you ask me.

Wait...

Presumably you never played it, so its just the look of it that you like.
It's possible that your 2nd choice is a better better sounding, better handling guitar?! :)

That is exactly what I've convinced myself of, without playing it yet.

My personal policy has always been: if I miss a guitar I wanted, I don’t buy the second best in that moment. I wait and buy something a little bit better than the one I missed. That lets me believe that fate intervened for my benefit.

This is a great policy. I tend to learn from experience... which is a learned response due to making so many mistakes :)

That's a hot looking guitar!

100%

The first choice was absolutely spot-on. How does the 2nd choice look, if that's what you settled for?

The 2nd choice is blue. https://reverb.com/item/33522557-2019-prs-paul-s-guitar-royal-blue

No wonder!

Here's what your looking for new, just for price comparison...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PGT12--prs-pauls-guitar-10-top-copper

My range was 2019-2020 (TCI pickups), and I couldn't find any in stock that I would be willing to buy new. My used one looks better than the small handful I found. The used market for Paul's the past few weeks has been intense. Many of them sell within hours of being listed. I don't regret #2, I just regret my lack of decisiveness on #1. It sold very quickly.

My range was 2019-2020 (TCI pickups), and I couldn't find any in stock that I would be willing to buy new. My used one looks better than the small handful I found. The used market for Paul's the past few weeks has been intense. Many of them sell within hours of being listed. I don't regret #2, I just regret my lack of decisiveness on #1. It sold very quickly.

That can be the issue sometimes. In fact, I was set to consider selling my guitars for one McC IRW Ltd that popped up on eBay recently. Darn good price, too. But not realistic finance-wise, so I let it slide...

Back