I Have The Best Tone In The Universe.

Maybe if you discovered high gain you could have the best tone. Petrucci is hard to beat.

For gain closer to your realm, I think my favorite tone is Mind's Eye by Bonamassa:

Other top contendors:

Okay, that's enough amazing tone for one post. I most definitely do not have the best tone.

Maybe if you discovered high gain you could have the best tone. Petrucci is hard to beat.

For gain closer to your realm, I think my favorite tone is Mind's Eye by Bonamassa:

Other top contendors:

Okay, that's enough amazing tone for one post. I most definitely do not have the best tone.
Of course I'm completely kidding around about my tone being the best, there's no objective standard for tone. I am, however, excited that the tones I get are exactly what I hear in my head, and that's all anyone can ask for. On to your listed set of tones:

Bonamassa, SRV and Gilmour have recorded wonderful tones I've always enjoyed.

The rest...always loved their playing skills, but their tones ruin the listening experience -- for me. As a result, I've never enjoyed listening to their recordings. It's not like I haven't heard their work many times.

EDIT: Hey, at least I'm consistent! :)

Last edited:
Back