I have no idea what I’d need/use this for but...

One of my friends was a photographer at Time Magazine. She had connections. We were on The List. ;)

Hopefully you’ll tell me tales over martinis someday.

sure but grace jones might walk by one night. be worth the trip to be ignored by grace jones.

Yeah! That might be enough for me, especially if she was with Dolf.

I love Grace Jones so much. I recall being frightened of her as a young dude, I just didn’t know what to make of an androgynous strong black woman who could kick Conan’s and James Bond’s @ss!

Plus, “Pull up to the bumper” is perfection.

Hopefully you’ll tell me tales over martinis someday.

The drink servers were guys wearing only silver hot pants, which wasn't all that exciting (for me), but the dance floor attracted a number of fashion models, many wearing very little clothing, which, I must say, was exciting.

No expense was spared on the bathrooms.

I had fun. But that's all there was.

Edit: In retrospect, it occurs to me that I might have downplayed the 'fashion models wearing very little clothing' part.

Last edited:
The drink servers were guys wearing only silver hot pants, which wasn't all that exciting (for me), but the dance floor attracted a number of fashion models, many wearing very little clothing, which, I must say, was exciting.

No expense was spared on the bathrooms.

I had fun. But that's all there was.

Edit: In retrospect, it occurs to me that I might have downplayed the 'fashion models wearing very little clothing' part.

What a moment in time that must have been.

It occurs to me that the 12 String Electric pioneers, like George Harrison, the Byrds, Petty, were doing their own things with them, and just playing what they played.

Although Petty (or perhaps his guitar player) actually used a 6 string with a Nashville-tuned overdub to simulate a 12 string on the earliest album.

Back