I have made a momentous decision

well I saw blue oyster cult and foghat together so yeah I am nearing geezer status too….

That's the one I saw, too. Missed out on the Sabbath/BOC tour. When Eric Bloom brought the bike out for "Born To Be Wild", my buddy was looking through binoculars - right where the flashpots were. He used much of his vocabulary right after. o_O

If I had a dime for all the songs (OK and lots of other stuff too) I've forgotten over time, I'd jingle like Santa's reindeer.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...;)
*I do remember playing the organ on/of in-a-gadda-da-vida in the school band room though...not saying I could now.:(

I need to try open tunings. I've messed around with some variations of D, like DAGDAD which is fun.

And I have seen the crowes once. They were fantastic. And funny enough they had came through a year or two before I saw them, and knew some people that saw that show. They were disappointed because the apparently didn't play any of their older songs. So when I went to see them they started the show with a song I didn't know. Off their new album. Then a couple more newer songs. I was getting a bad feeling. But then they were like, enough of our new stuff. Here's the songs you came for. And killed it for probably 2 hours. I knew every song from there on out. Loved it.

I need to try open tunings. I've messed around with some variations of D, like DAGDAD which is fun.

And I have seen the crowes once. They were fantastic. And funny enough they had came through a year or two before I saw them, and knew some people that saw that show. They were disappointed because the apparently didn't play any of their older songs. So when I went to see them they started the show with a song I didn't know. Off their new album. Then a couple more newer songs. I was getting a bad feeling. But then they were like, enough of our new stuff. Here's the songs you came for. And killed it for probably 2 hours. I knew every song from there on out. Loved it.

The Crowes were always a band where you never knew what you were going to get, night to night. It's like seeing most other jam bands - the setlist was what they were feeling on any given night. The best Crowes show I've seen to date had mostly songs I'd not heard previously. I did see them on the recent "Shake Your Money Maker" anniversary tour - it was a great show, but I missed the spontaneity of the jamming Crowes.

well I saw blue oyster cult and foghat together so yeah I am nearing geezer status too….

My first auditorium-size concert was Blue Oyster Cult, J. Geils, and Horslips on March 3, 1978 at the Baltimore Civic Center. It was snowing that day. Horslips was a no-show, so J. Geils opened the concert. That date was one Blue Oyster Cult's infamous laser light show gigs.

Back