I have hollowbody GAS, feed it.

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Ugh...
the 2 main ones I'm looking at are the Singlecut HB II and double cut both with Piezo. Make me want it.

Light, Plays well acoustically when the family is asleep, volume knobs out of the way, full/warm notes, and really quite beautiful with the f-holes.

To add to what Hans said - also rocks your entire face off through a Marshall 100 watt head and 4x12...

I find with the Piezo on about 3 or 4 and the neck pickup selected with the one on about 7 or 8 is just about the best clean tone I can get....or have heard.

When I have to travel with only one guitar, it is almost always a hollowbody with piezo. If is a very versatile guitar, is light and comes in a reallly compact case.

As Hans said - LIGHT and those F-holes! Add in the Piezo and you have a guitar with multiple personalities. I can't really help you with the decision on a SC or a DC. I see myself having both someday. Mine is a Doublecut.

You know you want one
i-bh2VRSt-XL.jpg

Let us know which way you decide to go!

I love those SC HB IIs so much. I'm dying for a Black Slate one, but PRS discontinued that finish. Very difficult to find. I always have the same problem I have when looking to buy a new PRS... What color?!

You get twice as many curves!

DSCN0930.jpg

DSCN0926.jpg

And the older ones came with McCarty Archtop pickups, which were an underwound version of the regular McCarty pickups.

You get twice as many curves!

And the older ones came with McCarty Archtop pickups, which were an underwound version of the regular McCarty pickups.

Those were my favorite pickups for a long time. If you play a Matchless or Bad Cat with the EF86/EL84 configuration, nothing sounds better IMO.

I never knew this before. Mine has the regular McCarty pickups in it - not the Archtop, but I would much prefer the 57/08's. The sad part is that I got this when PRS was handing out free 57/08 pickups for newly purchased PRSi and I was too afraid to ship mine off since it's a Private Stock. I'd do it in a heartbeat now, I really missed out!

Back