I have done the unthinkable...

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
I have decided that, if I'm only going to own 2 guitars, that they should be a little more different. So, Simmons, by Blue Semi-hollow Vela, has been listed on Craigslist. I play Daisy, the black solidbody, 90% of the time, so she's the keeper. Will probably grab an S2 Standard (and deck the trem) or a Mira, though I'm open to options.

What's going on with the world? Sergio is buying blue guitars and you're selling a Vela!?!?!

Really, I can't disagree with that logic. If you're going to have two they should be different. Although, I'd keep the SH for that same logic. It's the the reason I have the Vela in SH. It's the only semi hollow I own. But if you have a bond with Daisy she stays.

I have decided that, if I'm only going to own 2 guitars, that they should be a little more different. So, Simmons, by Blue Semi-hollow Vela, has been listed on Craigslist. I play Daisy, the black solidbody, 90% of the time, so she's the keeper. Will probably grab an S2 Standard (and deck the trem) or a Mira, though I'm open to options.
You just enjoy the hunt!:)

GASP!!!!

Grab a Santana!

Doubtful I'll find one in my current price range. Also, I have a strong preference for 25" scale, and hard tails, so Santana isn't likely, though I am willing to deck the trem on the right guitar :).

Strongly considering a Mira. I've owned three, so there's that part of me that says "well, you've sold them before, why try again?". Then again, I really wish I'd never sold the first one. Bought the second on Reverb, and it was in worse shape than described. While it played and sounded great, I just get a mental block when something doesn't hit me right the first time and I always view it as somewhat tainted - I know it's utterly irrational, but that doesn't stop it from hitting me, and I generally end up moving stuff like that on. It wasn't even that worn. The third I bought while I still had the second, and it was another case where I always tell myself I want two of the same guitar, then end up only playing one and selling the other. I sold that one first because it was cleaner and would sell for more, and I slightly preferred the tone of the other. So, I may need to find another Mira.

The third one ended up with @DreamTheaterRules , though not directly from me - I traded it for an amp on Craigslist and the person to whom I traded it to traded it to DTR. In the meantime, I ended up with a Music Man Cutlass that used to be DTR's, also through a third party in the middle - I think the same guy, even, I traded with him a couple times. DTR and I still haven't actually met, though we live in the same area and have owned each other's gear. I figure we will eventually :).

Doubtful I'll find one in my current price range. Also, I have a strong preference for 25" scale, and hard tails, so Santana isn't likely, though I am willing to deck the trem on the right guitar :).

Strongly considering a Mira. I've owned three, so there's that part of me that says "well, you've sold them before, why try again?". Then again, I really wish I'd never sold the first one. Bought the second on Reverb, and it was in worse shape than described. While it played and sounded great, I just get a mental block when something doesn't hit me right the first time and I always view it as somewhat tainted - I know it's utterly irrational, but that doesn't stop it from hitting me, and I generally end up moving stuff like that on. It wasn't even that worn. The third I bought while I still had the second, and it was another case where I always tell myself I want two of the same guitar, then end up only playing one and selling the other. I sold that one first because it was cleaner and would sell for more, and I slightly preferred the tone of the other. So, I may need to find another Mira.

The third one ended up with @DreamTheaterRules , though not directly from me - I traded it for an amp on Craigslist and the person to whom I traded it to traded it to DTR. In the meantime, I ended up with a Music Man Cutlass that used to be DTR's, also through a third party in the middle - I think the same guy, even, I traded with him a couple times. DTR and I still haven't actually met, though we live in the same area and have owned each other's gear. I figure we will eventually :).

Time to cut out the middleman! Or team up against him?

fwiw, I got a smokin' deal on an S2 standard in a limited, bitchn bronze/copper color a few years ago, and love it almost as much as my Velas...

XdDE4Kh.jpg

As you can tell from my avatar, I think a little differently. What if, god forbid, you play a gig and Daisy gets damaged? Wouldn’t you rather have a backup that will get you where you want to go instantly? The one on the left is my go-to, the one on the right is insurance. It’s not even broken in, and it’s going to basically stay that way. I believe in backing everything up. Other musicians know that when they play with me.

(Searching local Craig’s List to verify that Aahzz’s account has been hacked :eek:)

(Searching local Craig’s List to verify that Aahzz’s account has been hacked :eek:)

lmao! That's the first thing I did

It’s there. Aahzz, I’d you’re being held captive against your will, our Go Phrase is “Code name: Hard Hat.” Say that, and I’m on my way to help!

Only Answer! I'm still in disbelief, we need proof of life

As you can tell from my avatar, I think a little differently. What if, god forbid, you play a gig and Daisy gets damaged? Wouldn’t you rather have a backup that will get you where you want to go instantly? The one on the left is my go-to, the one on the right is insurance. It’s not even broken in, and it’s going to basically stay that way. I believe in backing everything up. Other musicians know that when they play with me.

That's precisely why I picked up Simmons. However, at this point I'm trying to keep the collection lean for a variety of reasons, so it makes sense to have variety, yet similar enough that they could sub for each other. A Standard or Mira should keep me at least in the neighborhood of where I need to be.

What's going on with the world? Sergio is buying blue guitars and you're selling a Vela!?!?!

Really, I can't disagree with that logic. If you're going to have two they should be different. Although, I'd keep the SH for that same logic. It's the the reason I have the Vela in SH. It's the only semi hollow I own. But if you have a bond with Daisy she stays.

Back