I have done the unthinkable...

Welcome! It was sincere. Best advice is to listen to your wife..she knows you better than anyone and notices stuff that no one else will.

Of course, now I have to tell another story about Mrs Aahzz and keeping an eye on me...back in 2011, I developed appendicitis. The day it really hit, I was curled up on our bedroom floor, fetal position, and somewhat howling because it was the worst pain I have ever felt. Mrs Aahzz kept telling me "it's just gas, get up and walk it off". Just gas. It was 2 days before I went to the doc, who sent me home because the pain wasn't in the right spot for appendicitis. 11 days in total before I got surgery...it was ruptured and I was septic by that point. They still weren't sure it was my appendix until they opened me, even after a CT scan. Apparently your appendix can be in the wrong place, and not shaped like an appendix...8 days in the hospital and a metric ton of antibiotics later, it was all good.

Luckily, Mrs Aahzz has learned from that and we laugh about it now.

Of course, now I have to tell another story about Mrs Aahzz and keeping an eye on me...back in 2011, I developed appendicitis. The day it really hit, I was curled up on our bedroom floor, fetal position, and somewhat howling because it was the worst pain I have ever felt. Mrs Aahzz kept telling me "it's just gas, get up and walk it off". Just gas. It was 2 days before I went to the doc, who sent me home because the pain wasn't in the right spot for appendicitis. 11 days in total before I got surgery...it was ruptured and I was septic by that point. They still weren't sure it was my appendix until they opened me, even after a CT scan. Apparently your appendix can be in the wrong place, and not shaped like an appendix...8 days in the hospital and a metric ton of antibiotics later, it was all good.

Luckily, Mrs Aahzz has learned from that and we laugh about it now.

Too funny!

I had a similar experience as a kid with my Mom, Grandma, and appendicitis. I still remember it now, crying and crying, "it's just gas". They are both in the medical field and were sure that was it. Luckily they took to the hospital in time before it ruptured. To compound issues a week later I was back in the hospital due to complications from the surgery. I still don't like hospitals to this day.

Back to guitars.. I dig me a good tele too

16229165619597565269365788421460_15633384362504816c1d5d8d0b68f70c.jpg

Owning a Vela, I'd say it can only get tele-ish and it's not a tele. In the beginning I avoided shippkng Velas becuase I already have my tele. I'm not into duplicating guitar efforts. Now, l think they are differnet beasts that happen to share a few traits, like the comfortable barrel bridge. Notice the oversized brass barrels on my tele.

Though, I wouldn't necessarily call them differnet enough to diversify a two guitar arsenal they do compliment each other for sure.

Back to guitars.. I dig me a good tele too
I can be persuaded to go Tele alsohttps://imgur.com/a/URgsnmW
16229165619597565269365788421460_15633384362504816c1d5d8d0b68f70c.jpg

Owning a Vela, I'd say it can only get tele-ish and it's not a tele. In the beginning I avoided shippkng Velas becuase I already have my tele. I'm not into duplicating guitar efforts. Now, l think they are differnet beasts that happen to share a few traits, like the comfortable barrel bridge. Notice the oversized brass barrels on my tele.

Though, I wouldn't necessarily call them differnet enough to diversify a two guitar arsenal they do compliment each other for sure.

Those Squire Bullet Teles are pretty good for almost no money, and they come in almost the same shade of blue as the Vela. If you didn't want to break the bank it may do.

Hope it helps, and I never have an appendix issue. My 80 year old father told no one of his pain and drove himself to the hospital with a burst appendix to save the money. He lives in a retirement community with a hospital thingy on site. He's a trooper, man!

Those Squire Bullet Teles are pretty good for almost no money, and they come in almost the same shade of blue as the Vela. If you didn't want to break the bank it may do.

Hope it helps, and I never have an appendix issue. My 80 year old father told no one of his pain and drove himself to the hospital with a burst appendix to save the money. He lives in a retirement community with a hospital thingy on site. He's a trooper, man!

Ooh, now you've got me thinking I could probably swing an S2 Standard and a Squier Tele for when I get the Tele itch...I hadn't been thinking about a Tele, but I guy I know on another board just bought the same VHT D-50 Amp model I just bought, and commented that his Tele has never sounded better.

Ooh, now you've got me thinking I could probably swing an S2 Standard and a Squier Tele for when I get the Tele itch...I hadn't been thinking about a Tele, but I guy I know on another board just bought the same VHT D-50 Amp model I just bought, and commented that his Tele has never sounded better.

Everybody needs some VH in their life. I have an almost mint Peavey Wolfgang that I bought new about 20 years ago, from Tony. You want something to contrast your Vela, you should buy it. :)

Everybody needs some VH in their life. I have an almost mint Peavey Wolfgang that I bought new about 20 years ago, from Tony. You want something to contrast your Vela, you should buy it. :)

I'd assume it has a Floyd, which is an absolute no-go for me. If I ever buy a guitar with a Floyd, you'll know for sure that I have been abducted, drugged, or possessed :).

Dig me some squier. I'd go up to the classic vibe series. To me they are some of the best budget guitars out there.

A Vela, Standard 24, and CV tele would make a great trio.

Dig me some squier. I'd go up to the classic vibe series. To me they are some of the best budget guitars out there.

A Vela, Standard 24, and CV tele would make a great trio.

CV Tele Thinline is looking awfully attractive at the moment...

I'd assume it has a Floyd, which is an absolute no-go for me. If I ever buy a guitar with a Floyd, you'll know for sure that I have been abducted, drugged, or possessed :).

But of course, and WITH the D-tuner! And decked! Just like Eddie intended it.

I don't know... this thing ROCKS and has great pickups. No way I'd sell it if I didn't have an Axis. And, if we start a VH cover band, you're going to need a VH guitar.

You know Tony, huh?
A bit. My friends and I have been buying from him since the '80s.

Well, myself not so much anymore. I just have not been in the market for anything.

My best friend just ordered a new Les Paul Standard and a Strat that is on back-order..... I know he is stuck on the dark side.

But unlike me, he can actually play. lol

Edit: I thought my friend had ordered both the LP and the Strat from Third Rock. I found out this weekend he only ordered the Strat from there.

Last edited:
A bit. My friends and I have been buying from him since the '80s.

Well, myself not so much anymore. I just have not been in the market for anything.

My best friend just ordered a new Les Paul Standard and a Strat that is on back-order..... I know he is stuck on the dark side.

But unlike me, he can actually play. lol

I'm starting to think we need a Cincinnati area PRS forum meetup and jam...

Back