I have done the unthinkable...

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Aahzz, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Aahzz

Aahzz Bluebeard Member

I have decided that, if I'm only going to own 2 guitars, that they should be a little more different. So, Simmons, by Blue Semi-hollow Vela, has been listed on Craigslist. I play Daisy, the black solidbody, 90% of the time, so she's the keeper. Will probably grab an S2 Standard (and deck the trem) or a Mira, though I'm open to options.

2. SinSir

SinSir Mad Scientist

What's going on with the world? Sergio is buying blue guitars and you're selling a Vela!?!?!

Really, I can't disagree with that logic. If you're going to have two they should be different. Although, I'd keep the SH for that same logic. It's the the reason I have the Vela in SH. It's the only semi hollow I own. But if you have a bond with Daisy she stays.

3. DISTORT6

DISTORT6 NJ Devil

You just enjoy the hunt!:)

Moondog Wily and Aahzz like this.
  4. Black-Viper75

Black-Viper75 New Member

This is my way of thinking, too. Unless you can't decide on the color, lol. Decisions, decisions...

SinSir and Aahzz like this.
  5. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

GASP!!!!

Grab a Santana!

6. Aahzz

Aahzz Bluebeard Member

Doubtful I'll find one in my current price range. Also, I have a strong preference for 25" scale, and hard tails, so Santana isn't likely, though I am willing to deck the trem on the right guitar :).

Strongly considering a Mira. I've owned three, so there's that part of me that says "well, you've sold them before, why try again?". Then again, I really wish I'd never sold the first one. Bought the second on Reverb, and it was in worse shape than described. While it played and sounded great, I just get a mental block when something doesn't hit me right the first time and I always view it as somewhat tainted - I know it's utterly irrational, but that doesn't stop it from hitting me, and I generally end up moving stuff like that on. It wasn't even that worn. The third I bought while I still had the second, and it was another case where I always tell myself I want two of the same guitar, then end up only playing one and selling the other. I sold that one first because it was cleaner and would sell for more, and I slightly preferred the tone of the other. So, I may need to find another Mira.

The third one ended up with @DreamTheaterRules , though not directly from me - I traded it for an amp on Craigslist and the person to whom I traded it to traded it to DTR. In the meantime, I ended up with a Music Man Cutlass that used to be DTR's, also through a third party in the middle - I think the same guy, even, I traded with him a couple times. DTR and I still haven't actually met, though we live in the same area and have owned each other's gear. I figure we will eventually :).

7. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc “Evil” Sergio. You can tell by the goatee

Time to cut out the middleman! Or team up against him?

8. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc “Evil” Sergio. You can tell by the goatee

Also, I have no recommendations. Buy everything and cycle through them until you find a keeper.

WEDGE, El Fenix, Andrew Paul and 10 others like this.
  9. xjbebop

xjbebop Yippy ki yay...

fwiw, I got a smokin' deal on an S2 standard in a limited, bitchn bronze/copper color a few years ago, and love it almost as much as my Velas...

[​IMG]

10. Daniel Elam

Daniel Elam New Member

I get it. I sold one of my 2 CEs and replaced it with a Duesenberg Starplayer TV. Just wanted something different.

11. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Plugged In.

594. Go.

Moondog Wily, Aahzz and bodia like this.
  12. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

As you can tell from my avatar, I think a little differently. What if, god forbid, you play a gig and Daisy gets damaged? Wouldn’t you rather have a backup that will get you where you want to go instantly? The one on the left is my go-to, the one on the right is insurance. It’s not even broken in, and it’s going to basically stay that way. I believe in backing everything up. Other musicians know that when they play with me.

13. DreamTheaterRules

(Searching local Craig’s List to verify that Aahzz’s account has been hacked :eek:)

14. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Sleuthing again…….

15. DreamTheaterRules

It’s there. Aahzz, I’d you’re being held captive against your will, our Go Phrase is “Code name: Hard Hat.” Say that, and I’m on my way to help!

16. SinSir

SinSir Mad Scientist

lmao! That's the first thing I did

Only Answer! I'm still in disbelief, we need proof of life

17. Aahzz

Aahzz Bluebeard Member

I promise, it's really me, and it's voluntary. :D

18. Aahzz

Aahzz Bluebeard Member

That's precisely why I picked up Simmons. However, at this point I'm trying to keep the collection lean for a variety of reasons, so it makes sense to have variety, yet similar enough that they could sub for each other. A Standard or Mira should keep me at least in the neighborhood of where I need to be.

Moondog Wily likes this.
  19. Andrew Paul

Andrew Paul The cat's meow

20. shimmilou

shimmilou Established in 1963

Did you say lard ass? :D

DreamTheaterRules and Aahzz like this.