I have accepted the fact that Im just a PRS guy...

Got my first in 1990 and was hooked. Nothing else could measure up and eventually sold everything else. Currently my favorite model is Modern Eagle V, just incredible pallet of sounds.... look into one.

Couldn't agree more! I have a very similar tone palette in the PS20th Anni model, and can testify to the versatility and wonderfulness of the tones.

You are 100 percent freakin' RIGHT ON!

You know, gonna go on a tangent...this whole thread is reminding me if a video I saw. This kid has a wood library PRS. The kind I would...you know, allow some appendage removal surgery for. He made a whole video about why he doesnt use it anymore. The reasons given are basic Anti-PRS bingo: "prs doesn't have their own tone", "prs doesnt cut thru a mix", "prs doesnt do classic rock tones", even a complaint as to having to get strap locks...for a $5000 axe.

He switched to...Gibson.

Nothing about the build quality, and any tone issues could have been fixed with a simple pickup swap. I found it funny we have all these PRS converts (myself among them), and I couldn't help but think of this total opposite.

You know, gonna go on a tangent...this whole thread is reminding me if a video I saw. This kid has a wood library PRS. The kind I would...you know, allow some appendage removal surgery for. He made a whole video about why he doesnt use it anymore. The reasons given are basic Anti-PRS bingo: "prs doesn't have their own tone", "prs doesnt cut thru a mix", "prs doesnt do classic rock tones", even a complaint as to having to get strap locks...for a $5000 axe.

He switched to...Gibson.

Nothing about the build quality, and any tone issues could have been fixed with a simple pickup swap. I found it funny we have all these PRS converts (myself among them), and I couldn't help but think of this total opposite.

I’ll counter with that kid doesn’t have his own tone, he has other people’s tone.

F@ck him, he’s a dork.

I’ll counter with that kid doesn’t have his own tone, he has other people’s tone.

F@ck him, he’s a dork.

I think the funniest thing about it was his complaining a PRS can't do a classic rock tone, which is absurd...but yet he's playing a modern guitar thru a Kemper direct into a DAW, expecting to sound like an LP thru a miked marshall tracked to tape. I...I don't even know where to start.

I just returned a strat today and have been looking for another style guitar as I have now accumulated 4 PRS, 3 USA and 1 SE....I keep buying and selling or returning other Fenders and Gibsons and Charvels and others because I just feel at home with the PRS offerings, I need a 22 fret bolt on but it will probable be an older CE 22 or maybe a new offering this year well see....plus they look great on stage lets be honest lol

Ah, I see you caught P.R.S. too (Paul Reed Syndrome).

Well, Silver Sky seems ideal, but honestly I reccomend the CE. Those are phenomenal instruments and there are great values on the used market. Ill be saving up for one of those later in the year.

I agree. If you're looking for a PRS with a Charvel like neck but PRS feel, I'd definitely recommend checking out the 2020 or 2021 CE24s. The necks are unfinished like the Charvel necks and its scale feels like its between a 22 and 24 fret PRS. Not sure how the Fiore feels, but the CE24 is the closest PRS to my Charvel So Cal that I have.

A few years ago, I had three Reverends, and a Japanese 68 reissue Strat with custom shop pickups. Now, I own two SE Customs and an S2 Standard 24. For me, the reason for the switch wasn’t the quality and playability of the PRS guitars (which are excellent), or the looks (which are stunning), but simply the sound.

I remember watching the PRS video for the Standard 24, and Bryan Ewald was playing some clean stuff with his fingers. I thought, that’s exactly the tone I’m looking for. Full, clear, musical, almost HD-sounding. All of my guitars have the 85/15s pickups that I first heard in that video.

When people talk about some PRS tones being bland, I have no idea what they mean. I have guitar heroes, but I don’t necessarily want to sound like them or play their gear. I’ve come to enjoy the fact that the PRS is MY guitar with the tone I prefer.

Hey Russ...I'm gonna "second" the vote for an older Swamp Ash Special (SAS/Swampies/etc.//..)
Also awesome bolt-on 22 Fret guitars , and similar to the older CE-22...the big fat necks are my favorite part...
Older Swamps have original McCarty PUs, and the CE-22's have Dragons...you can't go wrong with either, really.
Spitballin', you can find older CE-22's around 1K, and Swamps starting around 1,500...

I love playing my Paul’s guitar. It’s now my main playing guitar! Love the feel, love the tone, how it looks.
cjVNEXy.jpg

I think PRS makes the best guitars and the first I look at when I'm in the market or walk into a store, but I still favor other brands. If i want a strat or tele for example. I'm going to build one or buy a Fender. PRS does what it does and the other guys do what they do. It's nice to get other tones from a guitar, but if I want a specific tone I'm going with that guitar. Diversity is good.

Back