I have a 408 should I get a stripped 58 too?

Mark Ace

I have a 2013 maple top 408 which I love. I have always wanted a gibson les Paul but quality control has been questionable. I can get a 2012 new stripped 58 10 top for under $2500. My concern is that it may sound too much like my 408 to justify getting another prs. Anyone have both and simply can't live without either one. I have until Friday to decide and convince the wife I need both.

I'm very conservative about how many guitars I have at a given time, yet I think that both compliment each other about as well as any two guitars (having had both at once).

Keep in mind that individual guitars will vary in tone of course, but with these two you have the most essential electric guitar tones covered (just my two cents). Sure, with the right amp, you can get the bridge pickups to sound similar, (though certainly not the same) but the oomph and power that the SC58 has will give you a different vibe, and the neck pickups aren't all that alike.

I hope I was enough of an enabler to help ya out! ;)

thanks for the info.

I'm very conservative about how many guitars I have at a given time, yet I think that both compliment each other about as well as any two guitars (having had both at once).

Keep in mind that individual guitars will vary in tone of course, but with these two you have the most essential electric guitar tones covered (just my two cents). Sure, with the right amp, you can get the bridge pickups to sound similar, (though certainly not the same) but the oomph and power that the SC58 has will give you a different vibe, and the neck pickups aren't all that alike.

I hope I was enough of an enabler to help ya out! ;)
Its coming Saturday so i will play it then.
if its right it will be a keeper.

Back