I found the ugliest PRS guitar on the planet yesterday...

Parralax view

I was at Island Guitars here in Honolulu yesterday. They have cases that they place outside on the lanai with the usual 57 strat for 10K, an aluminum strat for about 7K, and lo and behold a PRS custom 24 in...what the hell???

The front of the guitar is a nice maple cap, but thats where it ends as far as looking good. The entire back, neck, headstock, the whole thing, was LAVENDER color....yes, LAVENDER.

It was hideous!!!! I have never seen such anywhere else. Since they had it in the "wish for it" cabinet, I assume it was original.

...The entire back, neck, headstock, the whole thing, was LAVENDER color....yes, LAVENDER.

It was hideous!!!! ...
I presume there are some pictures between the two of these sentences that explain it's uglitude that aren't loading, because otherwise I'm missing something. What the L is wrong with lavender? I heart lavender. I had my eye on a lavender (solid, no maple cap, just lavender until the cows come home) Mira X for a while.

LA-VEN-DERRRRR...

LA-VEN-DERRRRR...

Last edited:
I was on the way out of the snooty store and she was pulling me, so no pics. It looked original, not an after market job. Open pickups, nice birds, just lllllllllaaaaveender!!!!!...It might be a nice color but the way it was done did not look very good to me. I would see it in ALL lavender, but the beautiful top against that color was just not. If it wasn't factory, someone has a sick sense of humor...;-)

I presume there are some pictures between the two of these sentences that explain it's uglitude that aren't loading, because otherwise I'm missing something. What the L is wrong with lavender? I heart lavender. I had my eye on a lavender (solid, no maple cap, just lavender until the cows come home) Mira X for a while.

LA-VEN-DERRRRR...

LA-VEN-DERRRRR...

I wanted a lavender Mira, but my local store didn't get one. I had to settle for blue. Sergio's never forgiven me.

I was on the way out of the snooty store and she was pulling me, so no pics. It looked original, not an after market job. Open pickups, nice birds, just lllllllllaaaaveender!!!!!...It might be a nice color but the way it was done did not look very good to me. I would see it in ALL lavender, but the beautiful top against that color was just not. If it wasn't factory, someone has a sick sense of humor...;-)
Well what colour was the top, at least? Maybe we're not seeing the contrast. Lime green? I'm having trouble imagining a colour that would contrast so harshly with lavender.

Last edited:
I looked on their website. In the used section they have this:

PRS Custom 24 Bonnie Pink 1990 - This amazing guitar is in the extremely rare Bonni Pink finish made for longtime PRS friend and associate Bonni Lloyd. stunning flame maple top. Includes a second backplate signed by Bonni. MC, HSC $8500.

So maybe the Bonnie Pink faded or something? Or the OP confused BP with Lavender?

Could have been Bonnie pink. I'm not as familiar with the colors as the rest of you are. It had a clear maple top. I didn't appear to be a 10 or anything. Thanks for calling me a Troll...;-)

Back