I finally bought a Hollowbody II

TimPA

Ain't nobody till you get a Hollowbody
So I picked up a 30th Custom 24 about 6 weeks ago and didn't expect to get another guitar for awhile, but I was cruising the used section of a big box music store and came across a new listing for a used HBII for an amazing price. I called the out of state store today and verified the price was correct and the reason was a woman had bought it and brought it back after a few weeks because she wanted a new color. From the pics it looks like black gold, non 10 top, mint condition. I have been wanting a HBII since I first laid eyes on one in a PRs catalog in college. It's shipping from Cali to TX and I should have it soon. I'll post pics next week when I can. I am so excited. Can you guys post pics of all your HBIIs to hold me over till then?!! :rock:

Thanks, guys. I really like the Jade, too.

Tim, you'll love it. Mine is definitely my primary guitar. It's a little dark and smoky, but has tons of range. For that band, I'm using an H&K Grandmeister, which is a fairly bright amp. They are a good match for each other. I'm sure your doublecut will be a little brighter overall than the SC. The hollow thing just sounds and FEELS so good. To me, it makes for a very organic playing experience. Can't wait to see yours.

Well, if SCHB II's are allowed....

8677428267_4a4d99e134_b.jpg

Nice pics guys!!! I can't wait to get it home and plug into my Mesa Tremoverb. Looking for that Incubus tone from the Morning View album. It will be a great addition to my little collection. I've got an '06 Custom 22, SE Tremonti Custom, 30th Custom 24 and an Angelus SE Custom.

Sweet guitar.

I almost bought one last year, but the volume pot vibrated when the strings were played, particularly the open low E string. I ended up with a 30th Custom 24 this year.

Great guitar you got there. Awesome looking.

Alan

Hello, fellow Incubus fan!! Just got a Custom 24 and the tones through my Tremoverb can get the Incubus tones pretty well, but not as much Morning View. Let us know how it sounds!!

Yep! Incubus and 311 are my primary tonal influences. That is exactly what I go for! Here's a larger version of my avatar.

image.jpg

Just tried her out through my Blackstar Fly at work, but she sounds puuuuuuuurdy. I'm loving the neck pickup.

Wow! Lovely looking top! Pic of the back?

Yeesh, now I'm gassing for a HBII, possibly a SC (since I have a DC Spruce HB).

Back