I dream in Paisley.........

crgtr

Zombie Eight - DFZ
So.... I literally had a dream about building a Private Stock guitar last year. I even spoke with the PS boys at the EXP about it. They were all scratching their heads. Why? Because I wanted a Paisley covered guitar. The actual cloth they use on the amps. I didn't want any clear coat on it. Nuthin'! If it gets dirty or sweaty, so be it. I wanted amp knobs on it. I had a ton of ideas. So, we talked & I talked to Morgan Guitars & he talked to PRS & everybody was still scratching their heads. Wondering if the tone would suffer. Will it get dirty. Stuff like that.
So, I thought I'd take down a notch & try it on an SE. So I got in touch with Shawn & he was down with it from the get-go. I was gonna keep it a secret so I would have the 1st PS Paisley, but because of my current situation I don't see a PS in my immediate future. So here's my idea made possible by the boys in the PTC. Thanks to Shawn & 'da boys!!
IMG_2606_zps76a809d1.jpg
IMG_2599_zps9e9c284d.jpg
IMG_2598_zps4ed39783.jpg

pais2_zps684d9627.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

It started life as a standard SE 245.
P1010363_zps785db668.jpg

P1010366_zpsf5eadb11.jpg

Scott spend a lot of time making sure the fabric laid on the surface without any wrinkles or creases. He also made sure the fuzzy edges didn't fray.
IMG_2341_zps67820b36.jpg

We toyed with different hardware and knob options
IMG_2331_zps0c0ba5b2.jpg

But found this to be the best. We pulled the studs and inserted US stud wells and US bridge and studs
IMG_2616_zps6674674d.jpg

Last edited:
Chris this very cool and congrats on an original. Once again the PTC crew nock it out of the park :adore:

So who is going for a Black Paisley Guitar :vroam:

Markie Mod, Hans Mod, Th3Mike 7 string:

Very cool.

CHRIS MOD:
:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

Back