I done'd a bad ting, George... I bought a...

I had the Mk I original and an H&K Duotone years ago.....

TriAmp_Extended_en_neu.png

http://hughes-and-kettner.com/products/triamp/triamp-mark-3/

Looks like she's gonna arrive next week!!! Woohooooooo!!! Wife will kick herself out the house for a couple of hours.

Now I've got to dig that Oversize 2x12 and 4x12 out of the stack of junk in the garage... LoL!!!!

Lovely! Congrats, looks killer!

Thanks, brother man! Gonna be weird plugging in a multi-channel amp again... my two custom built ones are
two channel, but not switching... Closer to the F brand except for one channel on the smaller amp with no tone controls. Just a master volume.... LoL!!! Malcolm and Angus Young for days with a lean to the Malc....

Last edited:
You haven't heard my oversized 2x12 with individual speaker boxes...
It will melt your face. However, I'll probably hook both the 2x12 and the 4x12 simultaneously... Hehehe
I moved some cabs around last night, and now have the PRS 2x12 pine cab on top of a Dr.Z Zbest. The Zbest cab is exactly a 2x12 version of the Mesa Thiele 1x12 cab. It sounds HUGE.

I moved those cabs together the other night, and plugged my Archon into them. HOLY CRAP does it sound huge!!! I’m going back to play it in a few minutes.

I moved some cabs around last night, and now have the PRS 2x12 pine cab on top of a Dr.Z Zbest. The Zbest cab is exactly a 2x12 version of the Mesa Thiele 1x12 cab. It sounds HUGE.

I moved those cabs together the other night, and plugged my Archon into them. HOLY CRAP does it sound huge!!! I’m going back to play it in a few minutes.
Love finding new ways to use the stuff we already have!

I know where there’s a head and matching 4x12 for sale. Cough cough.

LoL! Which head and cab?

As for the Triamp, I think I'm going to scrap one pair of 6L6's with a pair of one of the KT series bottles to have a 3 power
amp option. 50-ish watts each is plenty and it will give me 6 preamps and 3 power amps... WoOT!!!

Somebody at Yorkville Canada forked up (distributor that had it in stock. Purchased from a Minnesota online store through EBay). Didn't send the proper number of commercial invoices for approval by US Customs.

So it looks like no Triamp MkIII until probably Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Frack a fracking slacker! MacDaddy guy has vent over backwards helping me out by constantly getting updates from Yorkville. UPS finally got it to "the package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release" status tonight at 8:17pm.

I swear I have a satanically cursed horseshoe in my arse!!! LoL!

Damn. That sucks. Hope it clears soon.

This gives you more time tip make sure those ear plugs fit really well!

Back