I do NOT need a new head - now help me choose one

My buddy has a small sonzera. It’s ok, but mine has more old fashioned cojones and better tone shaping.

Hmmm. I haven’t thought about my cojones in quite some time, but I can just about guarantee they’re old fashioned.

On the other hand, if you want the most interesting 30 Watt amp in the history of the universe, have a gander at the blonde one on the left:

jxfJZKt.jpg

Archon 50. You want a big clean sound, that’s your best option in combo format IMO. The more watts, the more clean headroom. I like 50-100 watts better on the Archon for this reason. The 25 doesn’t sound big and full enough for me. Keep in mind you’re planning to play this outside. Whatever the amp, it will not sound as big as it does in the house. The sound isn’t contained outside and just goes everywhere. The gain channel is really flexible in the Archon. Volume knob on your guitar is your best friend for in between crunchy sounds. Set gain level of the amp to the max you want to use and back off your guitar volume to clean up.

May not fit your description 100% but I just bought an EVH 5150iii (EL34) 50W Head and 212 Cab to go with my McCarty 594 (playing mainly rock-metal) and sounds unbelievable...

Was looking into an Orange Brent Hinds signature head but for the extra $400AU, got 3 channels (the concentric volumes on channels 1&2 are the bomb), over 3 times the wattage and overall a very versatile amp running an all analog signal chain or inserting the GT-100 digital fun where I please...

Back