I did a bad thing...

hord1080

I recently acquired a minty Korina McCarty and love it, but...my brother-in-law brought over his 19 Custom 24 Artist and I am having serious guitar envy. Opened the sick paisley case and the sweet smell wafts out to greet my nose, and my eyes take in the redic Trampas Green flame top that dances in the light. Lo and behold, there is a beauty of a natural satiny flame maple neck and fretboard/head stock that just feels like wood when you caress it - I am now 100% a maple neck fan. Fast neck too, love the wide thin profile and the hardware and details are spec'd perfect - all smoked out tuner knobs and bridge, filled in outline birds and black PRS signature. It is a pretty thing but also you can tell it has a dark side. I usually prefer chrome, gold, or abalone signature but it all just works here. And finally with 85/15s that sounded as amazing as I have read about and was able to cover all the territory I want with clarity...I was immediately on Reverb coveting a similar guitar! Anyone else have this happen to them? I will try to get some pics up soon. He got it at Moore Guitars online with their insane 48mo 0% financing, which begs the question - is there really any excuse to not buy a new guitar and also get one every 4 years :p

Do yourself a favor and play one with a solid rosewood neck before you profess your never-dying love for a maple neck.

I have an AP HBII with the maple neck and an AP 24-08 with the rosewood neck (pattern thin). The 24-08 with the rosewood neck in pattern thin might just be the perfect modern 6 string guitar.

ETA.....
Finding a 2408 with a rosewood neck is going to be next to impossible, but Custom 24s with a rosewood neck are easily found. One example:

https://reverb.com/item/30635428-pr...razilian-rosewood-fretboard-pattern-thin-neck

Last edited:
I bought my 594 for the same reason. It will be here tomorrow. Give into the temptation.

I recently acquired a minty Korina McCarty and love it, but...my brother-in-law brought over his 19 Custom 24 Artist and I am having serious guitar envy. Opened the sick paisley case and the sweet smell wafts out to greet my nose, and my eyes take in the redic Trampas Green flame top that dances in the light. Lo and behold, there is a beauty of a natural satiny flame maple neck and fretboard/head stock that just feels like wood when you caress it - I am now 100% a maple neck fan. Fast neck too, love the wide thin profile and the hardware and details are spec'd perfect - all smoked out tuner knobs and bridge, filled in outline birds and black PRS signature. It is a pretty thing but also you can tell it has a dark side. I usually prefer chrome, gold, or abalone signature but it all just works here. And finally with 85/15s that sounded as amazing as I have read about and was able to cover all the territory I want with clarity...I was immediately on Reverb coveting a similar guitar! Anyone else have this happen to them? I will try to get some pics up soon. He got it at Moore Guitars online with their insane 48mo 0% financing, which begs the question - is there really any excuse to not buy a new guitar and also get one every 4 years :p

"Anyone else have this happen?" Yeah, only everybody here, at least once a month. :) Your timeline is a little long, I would say a new guitar every 4 months, not 4 years.
Have we met?? It was only April when I bought a WL CU24 and only yesterday also went for one of the new PRS Exp ME V’s ..... it’s an illness!!

Those satin maple necks are killer! I only have one with that feature.

(and I may like the feel better than rosewood...)

Blasphemy!! ;-)

I have a satin maple neck and a satin rosewood neck and they're both just amazing in feel.

If I ran across a 594 SC with a rosewood neck I'd go weak in the knees and probably figure out a way to say I'm sorry to my wife for buying without thinking.

LOL. I LITERALLY SAID THIS AFTER IMPULSIVELY GETTING A PRS SE CUSTOM 24 IN THE FIREBURST RED WHILE MY NEW LES PAUL WAS A DAY AWAY FROM ARRIVING. I feel your pain/happiness brother!

AYOp1Ae.jpg

So is this brother-in-law your sibling's husband, or it is your spouse's brother?

Because, if the former, your sibling could possibly be awarded the guitar as a divorce settlement, or might inherit it in the case of his demise, and naturally it would make sense to then gift it to you...just want to make sure you are aware, not suggesting anything of course...

:eek:

I keed, I keed!!!!

I feel like the pics don't do it justice! The whole guitar just shimmers with all the flamey goodness. LOVE the Trampas Green on the natural back. I am a nat back guy. Hopefully I can find a similar axe in the near future...

Last edited:
Back