I Buy Stupid Crap

My wife was astonished when I bought all the neon from a wing restaurant that went under until I put it in the music room. Now she turns it on more often than I do...

And I just snagged a couple of these for the grandson...

51zXpSiklgL._SY300_.jpg

Yeah, it feels weird to title a thread that on a PRS board, but it's true - every now and then I buy something stupid. Not because it's practical, or necessary, or even a piece of art no matter how loosely you want to define the term.

Sometimes, something just strikes my stupidly cool and I buy it. And Black Friday is a bad time for that kind of thing, which is partially why I ended up buying a Paul Stanley USB drive at 3 AM over that weekend.

But that's not what I'm talking about.

This is...

kissjournal.jpg

A lighted Kiss journal. A frigging lighted Kiss journal.

I have no need for one. I didn't even tell my wife about it for several hours. And when I got a notification that it was delivered and the package wasn't here, I wasn't really all that disappointed. But it ended up that they delivered it to the wrong house - the woman who got it brought it over a couple days later when she found it. And when I pulled it out and my wife said, "Why did you buy this?", I just clicked the button, and we saw it for the first time together, and SHE was the one who said, "Oh, that's cool!"

I even did a video with some added sound for effect - https://www.instagram.com/p/-xIBHDHo9e/

There's no reason for this to exist, but... :rock::rock::rock::rock:

You won't be the 1st or the last person to do this. I'll bet everyone here at this forum at one time or another has purchased something that just sits on a shelf somewhere (or has been put in the dumpster as a part of a spring cleaning project)

If you weren't a bit of a collector of KISS stuff, I'd say it's stupid. Kinda cool even if stupid and useless. :D

It'll get used - it'll become my new recording notebook. Assuming I ever stop to write something down. Or, more accurately, transcribe it from the scrap paper to a more permanent storage medium.

It's not exactly a cost-effective replacement for the 50-cent composition books I bought at Office Depot, but...

And it fits right in with my action figures, bottles and other goofy items!

It'll get used - it'll become my new recording notebook. Assuming I ever stop to write something down. Or, more accurately, transcribe it from the scrap paper to a more permanent storage medium.

It's not exactly a cost-effective replacement for the 50-cent composition books I bought at Office Depot, but...

And it fits right in with my action figures, bottles and other goofy items!

Alan...I'd swear we were brothers....some of my stuff is bottles I've found during my job...walking utility pole lines through the woods has landed me with a nice collection of old soda bottles and other misc bottles, too...and my kids destroyed my original GI Joes ...had the ATV, Helicopter...shark and cage...abominable (sp???) Snowman...oh hell yes!! Good times!

I did the VH paint job on the file cabinets a while ago. One of the cabs has a lock, so it has a key, and a key needs a keyring, right?

clkeychain.jpg

Found it at a pop culture con last weekend. I'm very weak-willed at those things - I just missed out on an original sketch of Papa from Ghost, and I (somewhat surprisingly) passed on a cardboard standup of Adam West as Batman.

I loved the original Friday The 13th. The second one as well. After that, well...not so much. But I thought the first one was really well done, and when Jason popped out of the lake, I damn near broke my back slamming back in the chair.

Back