I am the only one who damages his PRS headstocks?

I have straplocks on all of my electric guitars, so I never drop them. I do bump into things, however. None of my PRS have visible damage yet but I'm sure their time will come.

My SE245 was dinged in shipment from the dealer. I don’t care who or how it happened, if I didn’t do it, it’s flippin’ unacceptable! :mad: That still burns me up.

I must admit that my 04 McCarty was a Dallas Guitar show piece. It has a pin head size ding right to the left of the bridge. Some yo yo at the show I would surmise. It's ok though, it got me 150 bucks off the price when I showed it to them. It was a touch and go thing as I personally wasn't buying the guitar, SHE was, but she saw it and shark that she is....even her Hawaiian Aumakua (spirit animal) is the shark!!....;-)

Reactions: jxe
Sorry to hear of you gents having damaged headstocks. When you received something last year wrapped up in a big bow, did you experience the same issue back then? Just curious.

When I used to practice down in my old basement music room, the drop-ceiling height was the problem. Sometimes, when removing the guitar and strap, I'd raise the guitar upwards, forgetting where the ceiling was. This was more often the case than not.

Nowadays, practicing in a better room with greater ceiling height, no dinged headstocks since then...

When my daughter was younger she put a couple of cute halloween soft toys on the headstock, after hearing me complaining, wish I'd taken a picture

When my daughter was younger she put a couple of cute halloween soft toys on the headstock, after hearing me complaining, wish I'd taken a picture

Our former bass player hung a Mr. Bill doll from his headstock. That and the guy wore a Dr. Seuss hat as well. Strange dude, but was a well-liked, decent bass player.

Kinda cool that your daughter had the presence of mind to protect your gear, even at that age. :)

Back