I am not sure if I showed you this... (PRS Bass IV 1990)

Fran in London

This is NOT a bass that has been relic'd to make it look like that. Custom order in Shoreline Gold. The nitro started to crack some 20 years ago and I've had it from new, bought it in 1990 so it's a 31 year old bass, all original the first series Paul ever did except the prototypes, this has 3 single coil pickups, and a dummy coil in the back of the body to act as a hum canceller, very clever so you don't get that 60 cycle hum. It has a rotary switch that offer 5 different position as follows:
■Position 10: Middle pickup
■Position 9: Bass pickup
■Position 8: Treble and middle pickups
■Position 7: Treble and bass pickups
■Position 6: Treble pickup
CONTROLS
■Volume: Self explanatory
■Deep Control: Adds depth below normal "Bass"
■Clear Control: Adds clarity, not fret noise
■Pre-Amp Bypass Switch: If the battery goes dead (approx. 200 hours life), you can still play
■Internal Jack Switch: Unplug jack cord to turn off battery

One of the best bass I own and I have quite a few.

5D3_7417

5D3_7419

5D3_7420

5D3_7421

5D3_7423

Well hell yes...and love the actually-authentic wear 'n tear!!!!

You know I really look after all my instruments and I try my hardest to keep them in pristine conditions, I am not a fan of the beat up relic'd Strats a-la Stevie Ray Vaughan, so this bass has very few knocks and dents, but I could do nothing to prevent the lacquer checking, this was a gigging instrument for over 20 years before I "retired" and all the dents were caused by real usage on the road.

You know I really look after all my instruments and I try my hardest to keep them in pristine conditions, I am not a fan of the beat up relic'd Strats a-la Stevie Ray Vaughan, so this bass has very few knocks and dents, but I could do nothing to prevent the lacquer checking, this was a gigging instrument for over 20 years before I "retired" and all the dents were caused by real usage on the road.

Love it!!! Been to the UK a few times, and the whole "It rains every day" thing definitely did fit our trips. Humidity will do that for sure...and it just looks bad-a$$!!!!!!

Back