I am forming an exploratory Crackwood committee...

7VqRDpY.jpg

3e4nj6u.jpg

I need to get good picks of the back of the neck...
Great backplates! Not to mention that guitar…wow

Ugh. The recent posts in this thread (that I started!) remind me of the couple of Rosewood Neck 513s that I passed up because they weren't quite at the price point I wanted. This was all pre-pandemic, and of course now such models, if even listed, have asking prices at 50% to 70% higher, sometime double.

PRS is a terrible brand to have GAS for: they make so many awesome different models.

Other than a pre-order from mid-2020 that I have in the hopper, I'm going to try to not buy another guitar this year, save up some serious moola, and just play all the nice guitars I already have. e.g. I just had a nice goof-off session with my SE SVN, playing some loud djenty stuff to blow off some steam, and finally figuring out how to run up and down and side to side the fretboard soloing without losing track of what key I'm supposed to be in. It was a weird mental block that I think I've finally overcome, mapping the 6-string patterns I have memorized into a new hybrid pattern for seven.

Last edited:
Her

I hope this will be to your liking, dear sir :
lZ9o4HC.jpg

I acquired the backplates from a luthier in Germany and the credit goes to a member in the forum, my friend @Martin Thiem who one set for his 513 also
and the plates made quiet a journey to arrive to Byblos, Lebanon where I reside.

Nabs, what a set up. Tell us more about the Mesa head and the one on top of it please :D

Watch the weight! Keep it under 8 lbs!! They can get heavy and dead sounding.

Of all the guitar necks I've had in my possession, a full rosewood neck was the one I liked the least. One of the reasons they are very rare now is they just don't sound good.

Watch the weight! Keep it under 8 lbs!! They can get heavy and dead sounding.
That’s what I have found as well. I played at least a 20 or more PRS’s before I landed on the DGT I now own, and I play it A lot! It weighs 7.5 lbs. Found this to be true with Les Pauls as well after owning probably more than 50 since the 60’s……..better on my back for playing live….

That’s what I have found as well. I played at least a 20 or more PRS’s before I landed on the DGT I now own, and I play it A lot! It weighs 7.5 lbs. Found this to be true with Les Pauls as well after owning probably more than 50 since the 60’s……..better on my back for playing live….

But it depends upon the Les Paul. I have a number from Custom Shop made-to-measure, and most are in the low 8 lb range (non-chambered).

But it depends upon the Les Paul. I have a number from Custom Shop made-to-measure, and most are in the low 8 lb range (non-chambered).
I guess I don’t have access to some of the better guitar shops where I live….although that’s the perfect weight for an LP

Last edited:
Nabs, what a set up. Tell us more about the Mesa head and the one on top of it please :D
Sorry for the late reply, my setup is simple, I have the Mesa Mark V mini head with the matching 1x12 cab which I dig very much, the H&K 18 watt is a lovely
little amp with a big sound I sold like 6 years back, and got it back last month for a fraction of its original price, I think I was the first who shipped one in my country.
as for the Vox Night Train V2 15 water, that I might buy for its Marshally drive and Voxy clean, the 1X10 greenback Vox cab is hooked to the Vox as is the Mesa cab at the moment.
My pedalboard is simple, a mini TC tuner, Wilson Rippah Q wah, Archer, Mr Black transparent overdrive, Dirty Shirly and JHS 3 series delay and verb.
I enjoy them whenever I'm working from home and in weekends if there's time.

Sorry for the late reply, my setup is simple, I have the Mesa Mark V mini head with the matching 1x12 cab which I dig very much, the H&K 18 watt is a lovely
little amp with a big sound I sold like 6 years back, and got it back last month for a fraction of its original price, I think I was the first who shipped one in my country.
as for the Vox Night Train V2 15 water, that I might buy for its Marshally drive and Voxy clean, the 1X10 greenback Vox cab is hooked to the Vox as is the Mesa cab at the moment.
My pedalboard is simple, a mini TC tuner, Wilson Rippah Q wah, Archer, Mr Black transparent overdrive, Dirty Shirly and JHS 3 series delay and verb.
I enjoy them whenever I'm working from home and in weekends if there's time.

Nice, thanks for sharing. Be safe my friend :D

Back