I am forming an exploratory Crackwood committee...

Pics or it's a Daisy guitar!

Indeed, I have one of those. In Korina. So it gets all kinds of variations:

Rosie Soapy McKorina
Korina Rosie McSoapy
McRosie Soapy Korina

Not sure what the "official" (lol) forum nickname is - could be one of those, could be something else.

Okay. I’m not the fastest responder. And def not a pro photographer. But here’s a few of the beast. Oh and I probably need to start a new thread. Let’s just say the family keeps growing haha.

eV6FgFx.jpg

ZyeEouy.jpg

ycDo1Pk.jpg

I didn’t go back and read this whole post.
When exactly did Crackwood cease being just Brazilian rosewood necks and become any type of rosewood used for a neck?

It’s a ridiculous term in the first place. I guess you could apply it to many hardwoods conducive to checking as it dries.

How does the rosewood neck / ebony board combo sound?

I’m not exactly sure how to answer this. I love how the guitar sounds. I don’t have any experience with another 594 soapbar with an all rosewood neck. Or really another 594 soapbar period. My McCarty soapbar is just a different animal anyway. My understanding the non-594s pickups are based on standard Duncan p90’s and the 594’s are based on antiquities. So while they’re both soapbars, and do sound similar. But def not identical. I’m not sure how much is fingerboard, pickups, scale length, etc. but I do love them both. :)

How does the rosewood neck / ebony board combo sound?

I have this combo on my PS SC250... Madagascar rosewood neck with ebony board. I'm not certain how much it effects "tone"... but maybe it brings a bit more brightness to the mids I "hear" with the solid rosewood neck. Piano-like I hear some comparisons. Regardless, It's the sum of its parts and this one is a keeper!

rs=w:1023,cg:true

It’s a ridiculous term in the first place. I guess you could apply it to many hardwoods conducive to checking as it dries.
I had assumed it referred to the idea that once you try a rosewood neck guitar and you like it, then it becomes an addiction to get more and more, just like crack cocaine is so much more addictive than regular cocaine (according to the experts, I dunno, I've tried neither, never want to). So PRS guitars are addictive enough, but adding a RW neck is turning them into "crack".

I have this combo on my PS SC250... Madagascar rosewood neck with ebony board. I'm not certain how much it effects "tone"... but maybe it brings a bit more brightness to the mids I "hear" with the solid rosewood neck. Piano-like I hear some comparisons. Regardless, It's the sum of its parts and this one is a keeper!

rs=w:1023,cg:true
Beautiful guitar! I think a fair amount of the brightness comes from the Ebony fretboard.. if you could AB an all rosewood fingerboard and neck I think you’ll find that it wouldn’t be quite as bright

I put the same backplates on my 513 but IRW, but this picture is from before I replaced them
F8JIIWZ.jpg
Per Official PRSf Rules, Section P, Subsection P, Item P, Line P (and I quote): Forum members that post a supposed "before" picture leading to a subsequent line similar to "I replaced them..." or "I've since changed..." are hereby automatically placed into an "it must be Hello Kitty" category until proper supporting documents and images are added.

Don't hate the messenger Kitty Boy! :cool:

I put the same backplates on my 513 but IRW, but this picture is from before I replaced them
F8JIIWZ.jpg

I lucked out with the back plates, wasn't actively looking for them... found them used on the old V.R. forum if I am not mistaken.
They matched the color of the neck pretty good...

Her
I gracefully bow, sir! I am, of course, a proponent of the "Trust but Verify" school :p Ok, ok, I just really want to see the pics! :D
I hope this will be to your liking, dear sir :
lZ9o4HC.jpg

I acquired the backplates from a luthier in Germany and the credit goes to a member in the forum, my friend @Martin Thiem who one set for his 513 also
and the plates made quiet a journey to arrive to Byblos, Lebanon where I reside.

Back