I am forming an exploratory Crackwood committee...

Ah...........no. I freakin’ love RW necks (as in ROSEWOOD). Just not a fan of cutesy “crackwood” jargon.

We old retired guys get cranky easily.

So it affects you just like a smart aleck crack would?

Yea man, RW necks are really special and something every PRS aficionado should try.

Here’s my #1, a WL SH 408. The extra low end sounds huge with the oversize bridge pickup. Jazz chords have this wonderful warm depth in the middle or neck pickup. And split neck sounds have this great scooped sound with a particular high end sparkle. RW necks really impart a very specific tonal element (not to mention the awesome unfinished feel that everyone has already mentioned) that is consistent across a variety of models.

9FA4E09F36B24278B8DE.jpeg

997FF92AAC50449AA661.jpeg
26A17075760449EE8DB0.jpeg

Yea man, RW necks are really special and something every PRS aficionado should try.

Here’s my #1, a WL SH 408. The extra low end sounds huge with the oversize bridge pickup. Jazz chords have this wonderful warm depth in the middle or neck pickup. And split neck sounds have this great scooped sound with a particular high end sparkle. RW necks really impart a very specific tonal element (not to mention the awesome unfinished feel that everyone has already mentioned) that is consistent across a variety of models.

HFS! And that’s not a pickup reference.

Killer!

Just a personal bias, but I like them a lot more without the “USA only” label.

BTW, I cringe every time I hear the term "crackwood." :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sorry. It was something I read on here yonks ago, and it always amused me, so since I had never had the chance to use the term, I tossed it in there.

That acoustic is due to be delivered today, so the RW neck guitar GAS is on the backburner again. Maybe this summer...

Back