I am forming an exploratory Crackwood committee...

I agree with everyone’s assessment.... they are special instruments, all incarnations. A few of mine:

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

I'm lovin' those pics!

I love my SCHBII. I don't know if it's the neck, the 57/08s, the hollow body, but right now it's the standard any guitar I'm going to buy has to meet. I like to think I prefer wide thin necks, but it's pattern regular in IRW does it for me.

image_zps4ecb0b9e.jpg

Ohh yeah.

I put bid in on a nice 513 Rosewood. Couldn't quite get the price to where I was comfortable. I am sure other opportunities will come up.

So I bought a Core Acoustic instead. Look to that forum for a NGD sooner or later...

Shinksma, in post #3 of this thread, I've written about what a rosewood neck sounds, plays, and feels like. See if that might be your huckleberry jam.

Then stay away from post #8. I mean, don't go near it. Don't click or scroll down. Step away now, or else tie yourself to a mast, or something, till you can think straight again. Purchasing decisions must be made with a cool and rational mind.

=K
Cool and rational mind? Crap, I’ve been doing it wrong. Gin or tequila is usually involved, so my mind definitely isn’t rational!

Depending on what you are looking for, I would opt for a nice used McCarty Rosewood and put your choice of p'ups into it; might I suggest a 57/08 in the neck and 59/09 in the bridge.

If you look around you can find one in the $1800 range depending on what's aesthetically important to you.

The answer is clearly Voodoo Economics :p

Brazilian RW necks are highly addicting and I like them best with a hotter vintage pickup, 59/09 area for the bridge position.

If you really want to experience it WA Paul style, ME I SCT with 59/09s :D

38_C3_A97_D-8_F60-4_CE4-83_DD-6_CD00665743_B.jpg

I changed two separate builds because of this ME.

7055-E993-7-EEF-42-D1-9-C53-C53-BA6-CD72-B6.jpg

DBDA2259-22_A2-4_ECD-_A4_BE-_BC4_A7_EF0_A009.jpg

One DC with a stoptail bridge and 53/10s.
image.jpg

A member here, who works for a retailer, told me that “If I ever played a rosewood neck PRS, I’d want to replace all my other guitars with rosewood versions of the same thing.” I wondered, if it’s that great, why aren’t they all rosewood? He said that as great as any PRS I had was, in his opinion, once I tried rosewood, I’d never go back. So, I wondered... if rosewood is that great.... you know the rest.

A member here, who works for a retailer, told me that “If I ever played a rosewood neck PRS, I’d want to replace all my other guitars with rosewood versions of the same thing.” I wondered, if it’s that great, why aren’t they all rosewood? He said that as great as any PRS I had was, in his opinion, once I tried rosewood, I’d never go back. So, I wondered... if rosewood is that great.... you know the rest.
I love RW necks. But I also love Mahogany, Maple and Pernie too! Life is too short, yada, yada, yada :)

I put bid in on a nice 513 Rosewood. Couldn't quite get the price to where I was comfortable. I am sure other opportunities will come up.

So I bought a Core Acoustic instead. Look to that forum for a NGD sooner or later...

Green 513?

That's a little over the top. I have a rosewood necked 24-08 that is fantastic! I also have a couple of other core models (one with a maple neck and one with a mahogany neck). They're all great.

I believe the only way to get a new rosewood necked PRS guitar now is PS. I think the option has been removed from the Artist Package. I'd pick up a rosewood necked guitar on the used market simply because they're going to be increasingly difficult to find.

I chose for my 513 AP an IRW with ebony board, compared to my TED it has more snap and more prominent attack to the notes, lovely overtones and it vibrates in your hand and it is very smooth.

Back