I am fascinated by this picture of a PRS and I can't explain it ...

Asimauve

q2bpx2l.jpg

It's an old Standard 22, I don't know if it belongs to any of you, but something about it just sparks me up. It belonged to a few Harmony Central posters but the website went off and I was never able to track it back to make an offer.

It looks to me like a repaint and has seen a gig or two. You can have one you do own repainted silver and then all you have to do is gig the crap out of it!

A couple of years ago, I stumbled across a 2007 Mira that had seen better days. It was being sold by a pawn shop, on ebay. Clearly, the first owner had played the crap out of it. Just the standard brown, no birds, but for some reason I just had to buy it. When it got to me, it was worse than I thought. I started by taking a razor blade to the fingerboard to get the top layers of crap off. Then I cleaned the fingerboard about 10 times with mineral spirits. Then about 10 applications of fretboard dressing. The 3 way was smashed, so that had to go and the grounding was gone. When everything was said and done, it became the best player I have, and the one that always gets me compliments on my sound. I can live with the dings, dents, and scratches. The sound cannot be duplicated. It just screams.

It looks to me like a repaint and has seen a gig or two. You can have one you do own repainted silver and then all you have to do is gig the crap out of it!

hahaha :rofl:

A couple of years ago, I stumbled across a 2007 Mira that had seen better days. It was being sold by a pawn shop, on ebay. Clearly, the first owner had played the crap out of it. Just the standard brown, no birds, but for some reason I just had to buy it. When it got to me, it was worse than I thought. I started by taking a razor blade to the fingerboard to get the top layers of crap off. Then I cleaned the fingerboard about 10 times with mineral spirits. Then about 10 applications of fretboard dressing. The 3 way was smashed, so that had to go and the grounding was gone. When everything was said and done, it became the best player I have, and the one that always gets me compliments on my sound. I can live with the dings, dents, and scratches. The sound cannot be duplicated. It just screams.

Clearly, you have discovered the reason why this guitar got played so much.

Tone machine! What it's all about. The black showing up in the scratches is likely the base coat beneath the Platinum Metallic top coat.

I think you should track it down and buy it. If the pics get you this excited just imagine how inspiring it will be in your hands!!! You may write the next Hotel California.

Back