I am done selling on Reverb: PRS Tremonti MT-15 saga

I sold a like new MT-15 a few days ago on Reverb as I am moving to "in the box" amp sims.

I had only used the amp a handful of times and it was in perfecting working condition.

I just received a refund request informing me that the amp's circuit board had been "modded" and that some of the LED's that light the amp are not working.

This is total BS. In no way was this amp ever opened as, if I ever did decide to open an amp up, I'd likely be electrocuted. Moreover, I posted photos of the amp's LED's all working just moments before I packed it up and waited for a buyer.

Is this a new scam? Buyer's remorse? Never experienced this on Reverb and it seems that, from everything I have read on TGP, that Reverb is ultimately going to side with the buyer (waiting to hear from customer service).

Reverb used to be amazing but it appears as if the scam artists are taking over. I am de-listing the couple of items I still have for sale thereon. I'm done!

Chat transcript with Reverb customer service:

J8qlUuG.png

Chat transcript with Reverb customer service:

qbWElW6.png

Here are the pics I took of the LED's working right before packing it:

DHuvOaQ.png

TNom0qt.png

I see where this is headed (FYI I have yet to see this alleged "documentation" - the amp was basically brand new - sat on a desktop and used only a handful of times):

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 4.49.29 PM.png

Look at this insanity...

Email I just received from Reverb (and the image they sent of the circuit board):

p4dn0lw.png

a75Yiux.jpg

Here is my email response to Reverb:

PYXbLsA.png

and my supplemental email to Reverb:

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 6.45.36 PM.png

I just sent another email to Reverb:

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.27.23 AM.png

Waiting to hear back but it appears as if the handwriting is on the wall and I am going to have to eat proverbial **** on this

F Reverb!!!

Update: I just sent this photo of the back of the amp to Reverb - which, I assume, will not sway them one bit:

oPgj6Gl.png
I had this happen to me in may, I sold an explorer that was hardly ever played and I had a bad feeling when the guy bought it (he low balled me on the price and then when I dropped the price, which was still higher than his offer, he jumped on it) packed the guitar is a custom box I made with some 75” tv boxes, it was packed like a tank. The guitar gets there and he’s starts aggressively messaging me the guitar is damaged, in all the pics he sent it seemed he bumped it on a wall or dropped it. He wanted a full refund or would keep it if I have him back 50% of what he paid! I fought reverb with it and in the end they gave the guy the money he wanted but didn’t charge me for it. I’ll never sell a guitar on reverb again. I’ll take less money and headache and bring it to GC…

I went through this as well … chances are if you google a random pic line i did it looks identical to what the buyer sId was hack work.. i said the same thing you did of why did you open it? If it aint broke dont break it.. tell him hes sol

On the bright side, they didn’t take back the funds sent to you.

Sucks this is how things go these days though. I have my MT-15 listed along with a deepback 2x12 on Craigslist, a Bogner Shiva too. I’ve acquired too many amps that do similar things. I considered listing the 2 heads on reverb since I have shipping boxes, but damn, I don’t have time for these kind of headaches either. Might have to make a trip to CME and sell some stuff.

Not to stir the pot here, but just so the info is out there - this is how my more recent MT15 looks inside. Build date June '21 according to the bar code sticker on the back of the amp, board itself reads Rev G.8.5, copyright 2019. The reason I opened it was to see how similar it was to my earlier MT15, so that I might explore reverse-engineering the mods onto that older amp (which, btw, didn't appear to be an easy thing to figure out, too much of the board had been changed to make heads and tails of what the corresponding parts of the circuit were from one amp to another).

Anyways, as you can see, dremel cut on the board next to V5, identical to @MorphineNoir 's amp. So, for whatever reason, I think PRS is having this done as part of the build. Maybe they discovered it after designing the board and it's easier to just drill it out after, or they just had a ton of boards made already when they discovered the benefits of the change.

52239681160_a7ac31b285_c.jpg

On the bright side, they didn’t take back the funds sent to you.

Sucks this is how things go these days though. I have my MT-15 listed along with a deepback 2x12 on Craigslist, a Bogner Shiva too. I’ve acquired too many amps that do similar things. I considered listing the 2 heads on reverb since I have shipping boxes, but damn, I don’t have time for these kind of headaches either. Might have to make a trip to CME and sell some stuff.
Shiva??? Like the kind one might trade for a Mira? That kind?

Just noticed the MT15 in question is now for sale on Reverb as “fair condition” and the person claims they are just selling it for parts. So the dude got a free MT15 and is now trying to resell it to make a profit. I’d be shocked if this wasn’t a planned scam.
I will have to look this up - definitely a scam

How do they still have perfect 5* feedback after your experience?
Reverb removes feedback when there is a dispute and really no longer allows anything less than 4 stars - try buying something and leaving less than 4 stars, Reverb will not let you do it

The most bizarre experiance I had selling on reverb was a guy who bought my Fryette Power Station. He drove 2h to test it with his amp, took him another two hours to finally offload the cash. A week later he messaged me requesting a refund. He said he gets squilling noise and crackles. After so long I should’t accept it but that was a kid in early 20s and I felt bad as I had no money when I was in his age so decided to swallow it. We met half way, I sent him the money and took the PS back home. When I started looking into it I have noticed that one valve was stock 6L6GC while the other was... EL34!!!

Long story short he got a letter from the solicitors, a bill from my guitar tech with expertise, a broken unit and I got the money back.

This put my selling experiance on full stop with only exception being pedals - although, I have some stories here to tell too.

Reverb since changing ownership went to ****. I'm glad to see you and the other guy got taken the care off. I was left with broken loop switcher as a buyer (claim refused by both seller and reverb). £200 I will never get back.

Back