I am done selling on Reverb: PRS Tremonti MT-15 saga

MusiquedeReve

I sold a like new MT-15 a few days ago on Reverb as I am moving to "in the box" amp sims.

I had only used the amp a handful of times and it was in perfecting working condition.

I just received a refund request informing me that the amp's circuit board had been "modded" and that some of the LED's that light the amp are not working.

This is total BS. In no way was this amp ever opened as, if I ever did decide to open an amp up, I'd likely be electrocuted. Moreover, I posted photos of the amp's LED's all working just moments before I packed it up and waited for a buyer.

Is this a new scam? Buyer's remorse? Never experienced this on Reverb and it seems that, from everything I have read on TGP, that Reverb is ultimately going to side with the buyer (waiting to hear from customer service).

Reverb used to be amazing but it appears as if the scam artists are taking over. I am de-listing the couple of items I still have for sale thereon. I'm done!

Chat transcript with Reverb customer service:

J8qlUuG.png

Chat transcript with Reverb customer service:

qbWElW6.png

Here are the pics I took of the LED's working right before packing it:

DHuvOaQ.png

TNom0qt.png

I see where this is headed (FYI I have yet to see this alleged "documentation" - the amp was basically brand new - sat on a desktop and used only a handful of times):

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 4.49.29 PM.png

Look at this insanity...

Email I just received from Reverb (and the image they sent of the circuit board):

p4dn0lw.png

a75Yiux.jpg

Here is my email response to Reverb:

PYXbLsA.png

and my supplemental email to Reverb:

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 6.45.36 PM.png

I just sent another email to Reverb:

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 10.27.23 AM.png

Waiting to hear back but it appears as if the handwriting is on the wall and I am going to have to eat proverbial **** on this

F Reverb!!!

Update: I just sent this photo of the back of the amp to Reverb - which, I assume, will not sway them one bit:

oPgj6Gl.png

Last edited:
Does the circuit board have a serial number maybe? Maybe it's documented what board was used in the amp. Sorry to hear about this man, that's a bad situation.

Wow. So it’s Craigslist or TGP now. I was considering selling a guitar on Reverb, but to many horror stories. Same with eBay.

Ebay is similarly biased to seller, had a battle there with an amp someone wanted to return in the last possible day

From the back of pots looks like something exploded, but can't see what is missing, looks just like traces .... maybe there's a photo of the guts somewhere

All the best, it's incredibly frustrating

I think those are factory mods to the board!

I recently purchased a new MT15 (my second, needed one for rehearsals) and opened it up for kicks to see what had been done to the circuit since I bought my first MT15, because they were supposed to have made some changes to address grounding issues. They had drilled out a couple traces just like on yours. So I think the amp is in factory new condition.

Also, one of my clean channel LED’s doesn’t work, which I noticed purely by chance, it’s subtle. Not sure which one on mine, and if the mods to the circuit are what cause it - in reality, it’s so subtle that I doubt anyone not specifically looking for it would notice, say if it was on a stage, etc.

I would be glad to provide you some photos, if it would help, or you could reach out to PRS Customer Servicr.

I'm losing faith in Reverb. Several days ago I noticed that there was a very distinctive picture of a S2 Limited Peroba Rosa Vela. I contacted Reverb and pointed out the original ad from here in the US and the fraud copy from Paris from someone with no sales history. Reverb's A.I. chat must stand for "Always Inept" because I answered the questions several times and finally they put me on a wait list for a human. I typed out all of the info and contacted the legitimate seller, who thanked me and said he would contact Reverb.

Well, the fraud is still listed
https://reverb.com/item/57892610-prs-limited-p-eroba-r-osa-s2-vela-natural-2018?show_sold=true
and as you can see it is a very distinctive photo of a very distinctive guitar.

When CME still was involved with Reverb I saw a similar issue and they were on it immediately. So much for Etsy.

I think those are factory mods to the board!

I recently purchased a new MT15 (my second, needed one for rehearsals) and opened it up for kicks to see what had been done to the circuit since I bought my first MT15, because they were supposed to have made some changes to address grounding issues. They had drilled out a couple traces just like on yours. So I think the amp is in factory new condition.

Also, one of my clean channel LED’s doesn’t work, which I noticed purely by chance, it’s subtle. Not sure which one on mine, and if the mods to the circuit are what cause it - in reality, it’s so subtle that I doubt anyone not specifically looking for it would notice, say if it was on a stage, etc.

I would be glad to provide you some photos, if it would help, or you could reach out to PRS Customer Servicr.
Maybe they know this (OP's buyer) and that's part of the scam. Either way, sorry this is happening to you.

I'm losing faith in Reverb. Several days ago I noticed that there was a very distinctive picture of a S2 Limited Peroba Rosa Vela. I contacted Reverb and pointed out the original ad from here in the US and the fraud copy from Paris from someone with no sales history. Reverb's A.I. chat must stand for "Always Inept" because I answered the questions several times and finally they put me on a wait list for a human. I typed out all of the info and contacted the legitimate seller, who thanked me and said he would contact Reverb.

https://reverb.com/item/57892610-prs-limited-p-eroba-r-osa-s2-vela-natural-2018?show_sold=true

When CME still was involved with Reverb I saw a similar issue and they were on it immediately. So much for Etsy.
There has been a lot of suspicious EU ads with no history popping up lately. I've seen a few and others have noticed from the FB groups.

Craigslist is looking better and better. Gimme my cash or take my cash and walk away.

Sorry this is happening OP. I had similar and worse horror stories on ebay. I no longer sell there and rarely buy. Get burned hard on a platform and its tough to go back.

FINAL UPDATE:

I am shocked at how this turned out and also disappointed in what it means for sellers and buyers in the future as, apparently, you can basically own a broken piece of gear, order it on Reverb, take the parts you need then claim the gear you ordered was "damaged" or "modded" and Reverb will let you keep the gear and reimburse you (although, they are allowing me to keep the funds as well) - it seems it's a scammer's world out there and the "good guys" are merely along for the ride at the whim of the middle man (Reverb):

XI6AROQ.png

This is why I sometimes bite the bullet and sell or consign to a local Music shop. Yeah, I take a hit, but I don't have to deal with A-Holes.
This. Just not worth the troubles. Amps are a disaster for mailings. And Reverb may have came thru here. But eventually that practice will lead to increased fees and both buyers and sellers will be paying that

Funny i reported that listing as fraud too. All it did was make it disappear from my searches apparently. Sad

I put it in every ad that no returns are accepted. My feedback speaks for itself, and anyone not willing to agree can simply buy elsewhere. I’ve found that otherwise every sale site sides with the buyer automatically. Even with this I‘ve had phantom shipping fees pop up twice, both weeks after the package was delivered. It’s just the crap you have to (somewhat) accept to use their site.

While the fees may be technically paid by the seller, Reverb and EBay knows they get paid when the buyer ponies up. They want those wallets open.

I put it in every ad that no returns are accepted. My feedback speaks for itself, and anyone not willing to agree can simply buy elsewhere. I’ve found that otherwise every sale site sides with the buyer automatically. Even with this I‘ve had phantom shipping fees pop up twice, both weeks after the package was delivered. It’s just the crap you have to (somewhat) accept to use their site.

While the fees may be technically paid by the seller, Reverb and EBay knows they get paid when the buyer ponies up. They want those wallets open.

Even if you put no returns, Reverb can override that if the buyer claims the item arrived in a condition different than as descibred

Even if you put no returns, Reverb can override that if the buyer claims the item arrived in a condition different than as descibred
This is UK law under the consumer right act. If something is faulty or not as described you are entitled to return for a full refund - including the cost of postage both ways. Doesn't matter if the item is brand new or second hand, or whether a seller had marked no returns.
I've had to invoke this myself a couple of times to return goods that were either faulty or not as described. It does show the importance of accurate descriptions with good photographs to aid the sellers case

It does look like in your picture that 2 of the blue leds are out. You’ve got 6 reds and 4 blues. I’ll have to compare it to mine and see how many leds are in there.

Back