I am done selling on Reverb: PRS Tremonti MT-15 saga

Someone on another forum I post on sent that dude a message:

1659050168989.png

Dude responded:

1659051411828.png

Wow what an absolute garbage person. He should be ashamed of himself for putting OP through a huge headache and then turn around and sell the amp he said was broke in excellent condition. Reverb should pull the ad and suspend him from selling for scamming op and themselves.

Wow what an absolute garbage person. He should be ashamed of himself for putting OP through a huge headache and then turn around and sell the amp he said was broke in excellent condition. Reverb should pull the ad and suspend him from selling for scamming op and themselves.

Selling it for more than I sold it to him for (I am all for capitalism but this is pure chicanery)

I don't understand the hate for this guy. It was proven in this thread that he bought the amp then found two blown LEDs and a modified board when he received it. The amp shipped from the factory this way but these things were not mentioned in the original sale thread because the OP never opened the amp to look at it. It was a MISUNDERSTANDING!

The guy didn't like the amp and is now selling it. Who cares? He hasn't done anything wrong. I would not have been happy if I received that amp with those things he has noted if they were not disclosed. I also would not have been happy with someone saying that I sold them something that was defective if I was the OP. Reverb took the hit and paid both guys. That is pretty upstanding in my book.

The guy has decided to move the amp now. It isn't his fault that Reverb decided to let him keep the amp. He wanted to return the amp. He has priced it where he feels is appropriate for the market. The hate seems to be because he got something for nothing. He didn't attempt to scam anyone. He felt like he got screwed.

I can easily see both sides of this story. It is a very unfortunate misunderstanding. To me, it is a bad look on those harassing him thinking he is a scammer. It is sad that everyone wants to see bad intentions in others, even when they are not there. Put yourselves in this guy's shoes for a few minutes. It is pretty easy for me to see how it all unfolded. I expect I will get the same treatment as this guy is getting for pointing out the facts. I have my flame suit on so flame away.

I don't understand the hate for this guy. It was proven in this thread that he bought the amp then found two blown LEDs and a modified board when he received it. The amp shipped from the factory this way but these things were not mentioned in the original sale thread because the OP never opened the amp to look at it. It was a MISUNDERSTANDING!

The guy didn't like the amp and is now selling it. Who cares? He hasn't done anything wrong. I would not have been happy if I received that amp with those things he has noted if they were not disclosed. I also would not have been happy with someone saying that I sold them something that was defective if I was the OP. Reverb took the hit and paid both guys. That is pretty upstanding in my book.

The guy has decided to move the amp now. It isn't his fault that Reverb decided to let him keep the amp. He wanted to return the amp. He has priced it where he feels is appropriate for the market. The hate seems to be because he got something for nothing. He didn't attempt to scam anyone. He felt like he got screwed.

I can easily see both sides of this story. It is a very unfortunate misunderstanding. To me, it is a bad look on those harassing him thinking he is a scammer. It is sad that everyone wants to see bad intentions in others, even when they are not there. Put yourselves in this guy's shoes for a few minutes. It is pretty easy for me to see how it all unfolded. I expect I will get the same treatment as this guy is getting for pointing out the facts. I have my flame suit on so flame away.
100% agree

I agree it probably started out as a misunderstanding but then moved more into an abuse of the system or an ethics question. We all end up paying for these situations with higher fees or policy changes.

Back