I almost feel guilty...NGD

Rhythmisking

This popped up on reverb last week. 2009 Starla. Maybe a couple of y'all saw it? Everything in the description, including the condition was wrong. Price was par for a used S2 Starla in "Good" condition, but significantly under-priced for a Core Starla with birds...which happens on Reverb....very rarely. There was a disclaimer that the description might be inaccurate, but that the pics were of the actual guitar:

gr9qrzhnq0wpapupojff.webp

shy2rmsx4yoktdm5hk3b.webp

zlggol9z7g3rsdjrpzpw.webp

exbb3joeb1lkbgeklvgm.webp

When the guitar arrived this week, I was shocked when I unpacked a BRAND NEW OLD STOCK Core Starla with birds. As far as I can tell, the guitar has never been played. At some point someone must have at least thought about playing it because it came with a Vibramate thingy to make for easy stringing of the the Bigsby. But there was not a single mark anywhere, not a single pick scuff on the pickguard (there are lots now :)). The original case is also brand new without a single mark on it. The frets, tuning posts and edges of the pickup covers had a weird light oxidation on them, and the fretboard was very dry. I'm guessing this sat in the case somewhere for a very long time.

It 'cleaned up' very nicely.

I caught it right after it first went up and made a low offer. Immediately there were a couple more offers, so driven by an unseen force beyond my control, I bought it -for the price of a used S2- before anyone else could.

Omg. I really like this guitar. I LOVE these pickups. For my style of playing, they're really good. Rich, highly articulate, warmer and richer than TV Jones Filters. Maybe closest to the Powertron, but with sweeter harmonics and not as dull. Very responsive to pick attack.

Not my only mahogany slab, but it will likely become my favorite. Wow, what a guitar!!!

Last edited:
Stunning, congrats. I have a dottie, but otherwise identical guitar. Bought her a year ago, good price and almost new condition as well. Great guitars and made it to be my number 1 guitar for P&W gigs. One of the other guitarists in church bought one as well after hearing mine.

Enjoy!

I can't see the pics, but my goodness, sounds like you got a great guitar at a killer price!

I can't see the pics, but my goodness, sounds like you got a great guitar at a killer price!

I can see them, and I'm guessing others can too, but I had a hell of a time getting them in. I kept getting error messages about the "tag being too long...etc". I had to post the message with no pics, then edit it to put the pics in after it posted. No idea why it wouldn't work like normal. The only thing different is I have a new computer, but the hosting site, etc are the same as I've always used.

Ok, I'll admit it: Pre-coffee, I stared at it for a solid 5-10 seconds, wondering "Why is someone posting a NGD here for a SG??"

Beautiful guitar, congrats on such a rare find that I'd never even known they existed!

Awesome!! I loved my Starla, I still wish that I didn’t sell it. The sound was so fantastic and unique.

Back