I accidentally bought an SE Holcomb

Ovibos

Naughty Wood Librarian
So I was perusing SE Holcombs on Reverb this eve, and stumbled on the rare sight of the Make Offer button. Being the inquisitive sort that I am I wondered if deals could be made. I sent a price I felt was on the low side of fair (dealers gotta pay rent too) and it was immediately accepted! I then turned to my wife, who had just prepaid our upcoming DisneyWorld family vacation to explain the situation...

She was surprised, but she's a bargain shopper and the lady appreciates a deal when she hears one.

I'll post NGD when it arrives.

Haha! I've done this before. It's like, "If they'd accept this low-ball offer, then I can justify getting it!"

Happy NGD!

Cheers to that! Was it accepted manually, or do you think it was automated?

BTW, I'm picturing it happening. Your wife is behind you, but not really watching what you're doing. You see the button, "I wonder what this does?" Press it, offer accepted, you turn around comically, turn back to computer, turn back to wife, "uh, honey? I...uh..."

BTW, Mark himself approves:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHhq860BuFl/?taken-by=markperiphery

Are you staying on Disney property or off? The kids like staying on property because of the magic hours and riding the monorails among other things.

Congratulations on your new MH. Hope it arrives sooner than later.

Funny. I had a similar situation on Reverb yesterday and made a ridiculous-ish offer on a Mesa Mark V:25, almost positive I'd get a middle finger as a reply from the seller, but he accepted instead :oops:. Mesa amp to arrive tomorrow.

Congrats and happy NGD!

Strangely enough I made a ridiculously low last second bid on a 2001 Santana on eBay last year. When I say it was ridiculous, you know how much ± a 2001 Santana is and I offered £100 less than any bottom book price I've seen. It didn't make any difference, I loved and played it as normal and then used it in a trade up when the need arose.

Are you staying on Disney property or off? The kids like staying on property because of the magic hours and riding the monorails among other things.

Yeah, at the Contemporary. We have a 3yo and it's worth it to be able to go back and forth to get his naps in.

Yeah, at the Contemporary. We have a 3yo and it's worth it to be able to go back and forth to get his naps in.

Hey, in the middle of August, you might appreciate an air conditioned nap too!

I keep looking for a reason that I need one of these. The only thing keeping me from getting serious about it is that I'm trying to suppress the smaller purchases and hold out for a 594. But if I keep playing heavy rock long enough, I reckon one will probably end up with me.

I accidentally bought a telescope the other day. I put in a stupid low opening bid with 6 days to go on the auction. I had forgot all about it when I got the "you got it" email.

I think my first PRS will be a used one. D%$n you all for enabling my desire!

We did a morning park then break for a few hours and then an afternoon/evening park with some kind of hopper pass my wife got a good deal on. Have fun.

Cheers,
Tom

Back