I ♥ my Archon.PIX WELCOMED!!

Deedsoftommy

I ♡ chip's n' salsa.
Just a simple post about my love for such a great amp. It pairs up nicely with all cabs and even better with the PRS Cab's :)

Let's see some of yall's!!
13886935_10153673592806837_8698205840831540189_n.jpg

13603633_10153610114801837_1453061745481567506_o.jpg

This thread is like taking a picture of yourself sitting at the table of a nice restaurant with a huge piece of prime rib, more shrimp than you can possibly eat, and then sending it out to a less fortunate place where they have little to eat, with the caption "Hey, look at me. This food is awesome and there is so much I'll probably throw half of it away."

Heartless, I tell you. HEARTLESS! And you guys are supposed to be my friends and my support group??? HA!

HA!!

What is that old saying?... "with friends like these, who needs enemas?"

This thread is like taking a picture of yourself sitting at the table of a nice restaurant with a huge piece of prime rib, more shrimp than you can possibly eat, and then sending it out to a less fortunate place where they have little to eat, with the caption "Hey, look at me. This food is awesome and there is so much I'll probably throw half of it away."

Heartless, I tell you. HEARTLESS! And you guys are supposed to be my friends and my support group??? HA!

HA!!

I feel the same way when people post pics of guitars that I really want. :)

HA!!

See, I disagree. Sharing pics of amps is more to whet your appetite and keep nudging you forward.

Heartless would be posting a picture of an Archon fired up and in action mode.

Like this...

archonfiredup.jpg

Short story to go with the pic - I'm off this week, so I planned on doing some recording work on my latest track. Already had laid down a 7-string part through the 2-channel C, time for DGT through the Archon. Dialed in a sound I liked last week. Yeah, I know - the sound can vary day-to-day due to a bunch of different factors, but I figured it was at least a starting point. Set up my mic, patched in the CabClone, on go the headphones, and after 2-3 passes, the sound is not what I want - too shrill, too cutting. Just doesn't fit. So I turned the Depth knob a very small amount - think from 10:00 to 11:00, max, and I don't think it was that far, although you can see where it ended up.

BAM! Dead on for what I wanted. I even recorded the same part with a 408 w/o touching the amp, as much for comparison as for real use. Not sure which one I'll use, but they were both very good.

So, yes, DTR - you need one of these!

SHAME on you! YOU big shots with your Paisley Archons, or worse... TWO ARCHONS flaunt your riches while there are children in... some country I'm sure, without so much as a Roland Micro Cube! Have you no shame?

Yeah, there's two ways to have the career I have -- lead an immaculate life, or live life like an open book and be shameless -- guess which one I chose?
So...Facebook, more or less.

It's too bad you didn't live closer, I'd be more than happy to lend you mine.

SHAME on you! YOU big shots with your Paisley Archons, or worse... TWO ARCHONS flaunt your riches while there are children in... some country I'm sure, without so much as a Roland Micro Cube! Have you no shame?

Hey, buddy, maybe this will help?

Pull me under, pull me under
Pull me under, Archon
All that I feel is presence and depth
I've got my Archon set right!

At low volumes, at high volumes,
And everything in between.
Channel switching, adjustable ohms
Crank the Archon tonight!

:cool:

See, I disagree. Sharing pics of amps is more to whet your appetite and keep nudging you forward.

Heartless would be posting a picture of an Archon fired up and in action mode.

Like this...

archonfiredup.jpg

Short story to go with the pic - I'm off this week, so I planned on doing some recording work on my latest track. Already had laid down a 7-string part through the 2-channel C, time for DGT through the Archon. Dialed in a sound I liked last week. Yeah, I know - the sound can vary day-to-day due to a bunch of different factors, but I figured it was at least a starting point. Set up my mic, patched in the CabClone, on go the headphones, and after 2-3 passes, the sound is not what I want - too shrill, too cutting. Just doesn't fit. So I turned the Depth knob a very small amount - think from 10:00 to 11:00, max, and I don't think it was that far, although you can see where it ended up.

BAM! Dead on for what I wanted. I even recorded the same part with a 408 w/o touching the amp, as much for comparison as for real use. Not sure which one I'll use, but they were both very good.

So, yes, DTR - you need one of these!
Hell yeah brotha man! The Archon is a real simple amp that just sounds really freaking geeeeewd!

Back