I’m getting OWNED on TGP!

Hey, how else do you get that HAIRY sound??:rolleyes:
250px-Cornholion_in_Holy_Cornholio.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got a whole generation of people now who think it's OK to drop the F bomb repeatedly, in public, on the internet, like it's nothing. I don't care how you talk when you're "with the guys" or whatever, but when there are others around, SHOW SOME FREAKING CLASS!

Well, there are some people who don't subscribe to the notion that using or not using a certain word is an indication of having or not having class. What's offensive to one is not offensive to all, and frankly, more open expression is usually - although not always, to be sure - a path to a healthier and more honest discourse.

Like it or not, that F word has been around for a long time. We've all been exposed to it, we're all still here, no hair on our palms and very little actual insanity.

Plus, in this modern world of instant global communication, there are entire forums and web sites dedicated to that word. Books, too, for that matter, even going back to the pre-Internet dark ages.

Like it or not, that F word has overall been good for humanity. Even as PRS enthusiasts, where would we be without it? I mean, come on - the Strat, the Tele, the Deluxe Reverb...

Well, there are some people who don't subscribe to the notion that using or not using a certain word is an indication of having or not having class. What's offensive to one is not offensive to all, and frankly, more open expression is usually - although not always, to be sure - a path to a healthier and more honest discourse.

Like it or not, that F word has been around for a long time. We've all been exposed to it, we're all still here, no hair on our palms and very little actual insanity.

Plus, in this modern world of instant global communication, there are entire forums and web sites dedicated to that word. Books, too, for that matter, even going back to the pre-Internet dark ages.

Like it or not, that F word has overall been good for humanity. Even as PRS enthusiasts, where would we be without it? I mean, come on - the Strat, the Tele, the Deluxe Reverb...

You’re f@ckin’ funny, Alan.

Growing up in the Wakester household, I was taught from an early age what words were appropriate and which were not and when we could use them. If I said the wrong word at the wrong time, I ate soap and or got cuffed to the head. As I grew older those words, when used in the correct context, were ok. We never used the F Bomb in front of my parents or Grand Mother. Then one day when I was 17 or 18, my Mom dropped the bomb while telling a racy joke. That led to a night of racy jokes between my brother myself and parents and side hurting laughter. Once I joined the Navy, all verbal shields were dropped and every swear word imaginable became part of every sentence spoken. The F Bomb became more of a punctuation than a word. Once I left the Navy the first time the potty mouth tendencies tapered off, although it would quickly resurface when at Reserve Training. When my daughter was growing up, I instilled in her the same language skills my parents had taught me, so those words were rarely spoken in our household until she was older.

I have noticed since my accident, that I drop the bomb more often than I should. I remember saying it repeatedly shortly after coming to in the van. It was an unconscious reaction to my situation. since then, it gets added to anything I say that expresses my anger or frustration for something. I try to think carefully about what I am about to say, but sometimes it just F'n comes out.

Yeah, I get that and probably came off a little strong on my response. And as I said, how you talk around the guys is a whole different thing than how you talk around women or especially children. I have dropped more than a few Fbombs. Not nearly as much as I did when I was younger. And I have friends who say it over and over. It's not just saying it that I have a problem with. It's yelling it out loud for everyone to hear at a football game, or saying it 3 times in a sentence for NO reason, with a 6 year old sitting two people away from you...

I revised my post above. But that doesn't mean if someone yells it out near my wife or grandson they won't be asked to watch their language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back