I’m getting OWNED on TGP!

Tag is an old acquaintance/internet friend of mine going back almost 30 years to the early days of The Gear Page when he was all about Dumble style amps and at one time time owned a real Dumble. (And no,he’s not a rich lawyer). Just a great player..
Actually, it was his passonate and sometimes controversial Gear Page PRS thread that got me thinking about purchasing a PRS DGT as an alternative sound to my Corsa Manaleshi and 1 off Swaim Black Limba/maple Les Pauls. Incredible guitars that the current crop of Gibson R8’s and R9’s just don’t come close to…. My oldest guitarist in crime (bands) and I took a trip to John Mann’s Guitar Vault in Bedford, NH 2 weeks ago. (John and Paul Smith really started PRS back in 79)
John specializes in stocking exclusively PRS’s. (Famous for his Mann Made Bridges used in PRS’s for many years)
…..Around 160 in stock. I was able to try out a dozen or so I was interested in. Double and Single Cut McCarty’s and the DGT’s…..Found an extraordinary Wood Library Copperhead 7.5 Lb DGT that had IT……picking it up later this week…. Thank you Tag….. I think:eek::cool::(:p:)

Appreciate that Rod. That thread was great!
The Gibson guys went bonkers! Lol!!
What's amazing is how many guys bought PRSs because of that thread!! Top Private stocks too!
And now it went full circle and I need another one! :eek: I called to order a PS Archtop, but they informed me you can't go yourself until possibly after Jan 2022 so I am going to wait. Until then, my PS HB594, PS Pomegranate, CU22 LTD, and HB2 will keep me more than happy!! :) Unfortunately my CU22 Special has to go.
I absolutely love it, but Pattern necks are just to small for me. I lucked out on my HB2 and it's JUST big enough to make the grade! My original CU22 LTD has the best neck of any PRS I have owned and that's well over 20. It's going to PTC soon for a refinance and new frets. I beat the heck out of it and it still sounds AMAZING with worn out frets.
Still no buzzing!! WHAT a guitar!!!!
(Where are those dancing bananas over here??)
;)

Appreciate that Rod. That thread was great!
The Gibson guys went bonkers! Lol!!
What's amazing is how many guys bought PRSs because of that thread!! Top Private stocks too!
And now it went full circle and I need another one! :eek: I called to order a PS Archtop, but they informed me you can't go yourself until possibly after Jan 2022 so I am going to wait. Until then, my PS HB594, PS Pomegranate, CU22 LTD, and HB2 will keep me more than happy!! :) Unfortunately my CU22 Special has to go.
I absolutely love it, but Pattern necks are just to small for me. I lucked out on my HB2 and it's JUST big enough to make the grade! My original CU22 LTD has the best neck of any PRS I have owned and that's well over 20. It's going to PTC soon for a refinance and new frets. I beat the heck out of it and it still sounds AMAZING with worn out frets.
Still no buzzing!! WHAT a guitar!!!!
(Where are those dancing bananas over here??)
;)
You’re welcome @Tag. You were a great inspiration for me (and apparently many others) to see beyond Gibson or at least an LP type for some different tones. The LP guys did go crazy! Pretty funny…..I have small hands, so that Wood Library DGT fit the bill for me neck wise and that particular one just has this amazing full frequency focused tone and great single coil sounds as well…and such a joy to play with the bands I work with… Now I’d like to get a strait McCarty like I used to own in the mid 90’s (but they are so much more refined guitars these days) at some point and go down there and pick out the woods. Good to know about the time frame.. this never ends… :oops:.. again.. many thanks.. and good luck with your back…(I’ve had some bad back issues myself).. Have your employees do the heavy lifting, or hire someone to do that. When you get older you will thank me…. take care…… Rod:)…. Bananas:p

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that there is no longer a Pub section on the TGP? It's shame that some of the people there are such jerks. Back when it was the Birds and Moons forum, they actually had a lot of top musicians that would post. Now if they are still there, say just watch to hear what people say about them. Sometimes they will still post, thanking people for their kind words.

I've been offline for the past week, due to the tornado, in Bowling Green, KY. So, I don't really know what happened.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that there is no longer a Pub section on the TGP? It's shame that some of the people there are such jerks. Back when it was the Birds and Moons forum, they actually had a lot of top musicians that would post. Now if they are still there, say just watch to hear what people say about them. Sometimes they will still post, thanking people for their kind words.

I've been offline for the past week, due to the tornado, in Bowling Green, KY. So, I don't really know what happened.
Yikes, glad you made it through!

Yikes, glad you made it through!

Thanks. I was about a half mile from where it hit, with 500 homes destroyed, 15 fatalities. I lost power for a while and no cable or internet for a week. I did get to play guitar and swap some speakers. I had bought 3 amps, a used Bad Cat Cougar 15, Tome Master Deluxe Reverb and Boss NexTone Stage, that I haven't played at gig volume. So, while my wife was doing volunteer work, I was able to open the amps up, at home.

Last edited:

It's still there but is for members (contributors) only. I actually believe that was a good policy choice, as it eliminated some of the troll-ish hit and run types who were only interested in anarchy. Some of them ... ;)

You have to be logged in to visit The Pub I believe.

Getting banned from TGP is very easy. The forum owners get off using the ban hammer on people who do not share their views. Petty, small minded people.

Well that is an interesting perspective. To say the least.

You try to herd 200,000 cats and let me know how it goes. Oh, and about 1 out of 10 cats suddenly thinks they're a lion when hiding behind the screen. Another 2 out of 10 will post about anything they want, regardless of the rules. At least 1 out of 10 suffers from the "my knowledge on any subject quadruples every time I get on the internet" syndrome. And I'm really not sure how many out of 10 it is that just seems to wonder into every thread on a particular subject, only to post negative things that are completely useless to the thread.

I'll be honest here. Anyone who takes the job of mod there is either a saint, or a glutton for punishment. Or both. I think they do a great job, considering what they deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:

You try to herd 200,000 cats and let me know how it goes. Oh, and about 1 out of 10 cats suddenly thinks they're a lion when hiding behind the screen. Another 2 out of 10 will post about anything they want, regardless of the rules. At least 1 out of 10 suffers from they "my knowledge on any subject quadruples every time I get on the internet" syndrome. And I'm really not sure how many out of 10 it is that just seems to wonder into every thread on a particular subject, only to post negative things that are completely useless to the thread.

I'll be honest here. Anyone who takes the job of mod there is either a saint, or a glutton for punishment. Or both. I think they do a great job, considering what they deal with.
@DreamTheaterRules . I couldn’t of said it better… thanks!

You try to herd 200,000 cats and let me know how it goes. Oh, and about 1 out of 10 cats suddenly thinks they're a lion when hiding behind the screen. Another 2 out of 10 will post about anything they want, regardless of the rules. At least 1 out of 10 suffers from they "my knowledge on any subject quadruples every time I get on the internet" syndrome. And I'm really not sure how many out of 10 it is that just seems to wonder into every thread on a particular subject, only to post negative things that are completely useless to the thread.

I didn't refer to mods, I referred to the owners. And I agree with everything you said except your last comment. They've banned people for posting guitar pedals that any kid can go purchase in Guitar Center as being a sexist and offensive post. I'll leave it at that.

In any case, Tag's thread on TGP is hilarious.

I didn't refer to mods, I referred to the owners. And I agree with everything you said except your last comment. They've banned people for posting guitar pedals that any kid can go purchase in Guitar Center as being a sexist and offensive post. I'll leave it at that.

Interesting point. I suppose you think those pedals AREN'T sexist? Or Offensive? I've said before that I'd never buy a Friedman amp because they guy builds great amps but names them things that are not something I'd support. If he thinks its cute, that's fine. He doesn't need my business, and he won't get it. I don't know why people seem to think that publicly saying just anything is OK now. I know some of the pedals you're talking about, and know people have been warned not to post pics, and in one case not to mention names. If the name is offensive, the forum does NOT have to allow people to keep saying the name, or posting the pic.

We've got a whole generation of people now who think it's OK to drop the F bomb repeatedly, in public, on the internet, like it's nothing. I don't care how you talk when you're "with the guys" or whatever, but when there are others around, please be respectful of others!

Last edited by a moderator:

Interesting point. I suppose you think those pedals AREN'T sexist? Or Offensive? I've said before that I'd never buy a Friedman amp because they guy builds great amps but names them things that are not something I'd support. If he thinks its cute, that's fine. He doesn't need my business, and he won't get it. I don't know why people seem to think that publicly saying just anything is OK now. I know some of the pedals you're talking about, and know people have been warned not to post pics, and in one case not to mention names. If the name is offensive, the forum does NOT have to allow people to keep saying the name, or posting the pic.

We've got a whole generation of people now who think it's OK to drop the F bomb repeatedly, in public, on the internet, like it's nothing. I don't care how you talk when you're "with the guys" or whatever, but when there are others around, SHOW SOME FREAKING CLASS!

Hey, how else do you get that HAIRY sound??:rolleyes:

We've got a whole generation of people now who think it's OK to drop the F bomb repeatedly, in public, on the internet, like it's nothing. I don't care how you talk when you're "with the guys" or whatever, but when there are others around, SHOW SOME FREAKING CLASS!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Back