I’m getting OWNED on TGP!

I think I might be glad I'm not signed up there.
It’s the biggest musicians forum on the net. It may take you a while, but you have everything from “ My Katana sounds so good I’m done with tubes” to guys arguing over the superiority of one $5K Dumble clone vs. another. There is a LOT of knowledge there, but many grains of salt are...beneficial. ;)

It’s the biggest musicians forum on the net. It may take you a while, but you have everything from “ My Katana sounds so good I’m done with tubes” to guys arguing over the superiority of one $5K Dumble clone vs. another. There is a LOT of knowledge there, but many grains of salt are...beneficial. ;)
Yeah but I'm humourless and awkward.

OK maybe TGP is glad I'm not signed up there...
LOL! Thing is, here, most of us at least sorta know each other. So if someone says something joking, MOST here will know it was a joke. It's a different world there. I mean, there are a few guys here that hang out there, but you may never cross paths with them. And what is weird, is that if you do, and if you joke with them because you know them, almost everyone else in that thread doesn't know either of you, so they won't get the joke.

My friend Lance is Jewish. He lives in South Africa. Many times, he'd list stuff for sale and I'd literally be the one shipping it to the buyer, or he'd buy stuff and they'd ship it to me, just because I'm in the U.S. One time he listed something for sale, and it was in my possession, ready to ship. Back then, the "buddy bumps" were common on "for sale" threads. One time, to bump his thread up, I made a joke... He said he needed the money quickly for another purchase, so he may be willing to negotiate. My buddy bump was something like "May be willing to negotiate??? Understatement of the year. He's Jewish! Of course he'll negotiate."

I typed that one Friday night late and was at the lake all day the next day. By the time I logged in that night, the thread had multiple guys bashing me for saying something like that, a mod had already issued me a warning (one who KNEW that Lance and I were friends, BTW) and guys were bashing me pretty good. Lance of course, thought it was funny, but by the time I found it I was taking some serious heat.

I've had to stop myself several times from joking with Sergio over there, because I don't want to get in trouble again.

Dave, if you want an idea of the vastness of TGP here is a good example. About a year ago, Les said something about being a member of TGP. I thought, "well that's weird, I've never seen him there." I searched his screen name and he had like 15,000 posts! And before he made that remark here, I had never seen a post of his over there.

sergeant-schultz-see-nothing-hear-nothing-know-nothing.gif

Back