I’m getting OWNED on TGP!

I’ve been over there more recently to cross reference MkIV threads and look for info, and this thread just had me giggling.

Anything particular 'bout Mark IV you were looking for ? Just curious 'cause I have a Mark IV Version A .

I’ve been over there more recently to cross reference MkIV threads and look for info, and this thread just had me giggling.

Anything particular 'bout Mark IV you were looking for ? Just curious 'cause I have a Mark IV Version A .

Not really, just geeking out over it and looking at settings to justify my lovefest with mine.

Not really, just geeking out over it and looking at settings to justify my lovefest with mine.

I should search for some settings for mine. Turned it on this week for the first time in forever just to make sure it was still in working order.

Is yours an A or B

A

So it has the different loop structure amongst other things

I should search for some settings for mine. Turned it on this week for the first time in forever just to make sure it was still in working order.

I’m crazy about mine, but the guy I got it from swapped the speaker and changed it to EL-34’s and 6v6’s. It’s funny too, because I kinda had a negative view of these amps at one time. Glad I went back for a second play

Tag is an old acquaintance/internet friend of mine going back almost 30 years to the early days of The Gear Page when he was all about Dumble style amps and at one time time owned a real Dumble. (And no,he’s not a rich lawyer). Just a great player..
Actually, it was his passonate and sometimes controversial Gear Page PRS thread that got me thinking about purchasing a PRS DGT as an alternative sound to my Corsa Manaleshi and 1 off Swaim Black Limba/maple Les Pauls. Incredible guitars that the current crop of Gibson R8’s and R9’s just don’t come close to…. My oldest guitarist in crime (bands) and I took a trip to John Mann’s Guitar Vault in Bedford, NH 2 weeks ago. (John and Paul Smith really started PRS back in 79)
John specializes in stocking exclusively PRS’s. (Famous for his Mann Made Bridges used in PRS’s for many years)
…..Around 160 in stock. I was able to try out a dozen or so I was interested in. Double and Single Cut McCarty’s and the DGT’s…..Found an extraordinary Wood Library Copperhead 7.5 Lb DGT that had IT……picking it up later this week…. Thank you Tag….. I think:eek::cool::(:p:)

Last edited:
There are people on the TGP, that have to go on every PRS thread and tell you why they don't like about PRS. When I see a thread about something I don't like, I don't open it. Tag has the thick skin, to troll for them. Plus he plays and argues, better than I do.
Yea, it’s changed over the years some. Ya gotta just ignore the ignorance of some and move on. Lots of great info abounds there though. Wiring, speakers, tubes, pickups, woods, frets, finishing, partscasters, hardware, ect…..

Back