Hypothetical PS build that is outrageous

PRSfanboy46

Don't lick doorknobs and stay in school
Could I, hypothetically speaking, fill out a PS order sheet asking if they could build me a guitar out of plywood? The whole thing, neck, body, fingerboard? I know it's against the unspoken laws of guitar but I wonder how much it would be to order a ply wood PS or the bare minimum PS that I could get for under 10,000 dollars.

I'd charge extra... anti-boutique chic

I'm not sure I understand PFB's motivation for building a plywood PS. You could, but why would you? The young man has a lot of questions about improving his rig and tone, including ways to improve his playing. Why cheapen the experience with a plywood PS? Boggles the mind...

I'm not sure I understand PFB's motivation for building a plywood PS. You could, but why would you? The young man has a lot of questions about improving his rig and tone, including ways to improve his playing. Why cheapen the experience with a plywood PS? Boggles the mind...

Been keeping a casual eye on them. And somewhere between curiosity and trolling perhaps. Not trying to be rude to OP just an observation and could be wrong.

Private Stock is a special breed that borders between expensive and unobtanium for the vast majority of folks. I see one as a long term goal for dedicated budgeting and heirloom piece some day but I'm also closer to 40 than not.

This is all hypothetical. And thank you for understanding and helping me on my journey. It's all very confusing. It would be ridiculous to order that in my opinion, but be fun as well

Been keeping a casual eye on them. And somewhere between curiosity and trolling perhaps. Not trying to be rude to OP just an observation and could be wrong.

Private Stock is a special breed that borders between expensive and unobtanium for the vast majority of folks. I see one as a long term goal for dedicated budgeting and heirloom piece some day but I'm also closer to 40 than not.
It's genuine curiosity. I saw a video on youtube about someone building an all plywood guitar and I was curious if PS would ever do that

It's genuine curiosity. I saw a video on youtube about someone building an all plywood guitar and I was curious if PS would ever do that

I would think maybe a fun DIY project for the garage. Or one of those ready made kits. Would be hard pressed to see a PRS that way as they have spent decades making (subjectively)the most beautiful guitars available. Their high 2nd hand pricing and how quickly they sell are a testimony to that fact and their staying power.

Appreciate your reply as I too was genuinely interested in your motives to the question.

I would think maybe a fun DIY project for the garage. Or one of those ready made kits. Would be hard pressed to see a PRS that way as they have spent decades making (subjectively)the most beautiful guitars available. Their high 2nd hand pricing and how quickly they sell are a testimony to that fact and their staying power.

Appreciate your reply as I too was genuinely interested in your motives to the question.
Im already building a kit guitar. SC LP style and I got some seymour duncan distortion mayhems for it and Im gonna finish it in a faded blue jean burst or a nice amber color. CTS pots, hipshot locking tuners, the works dude. But if anyone ever did make a PS out of plywood I would laugh

This is definitely true; PS owners are a special group whose income levels have made it possible to own top-of-the-line instruments. I was once a member of the PS club myself, but could not justify owning such high quality instruments because my playing ability was a far cry compared to the price of a PS. @Les Schefman was correct. You'd need to have a goal in mind and save a lot of dough before the OP could afford a PS. (P.S. the plywood idea would still be above the former $8K base price, for the workmanship required to build such a piece.)

This is all hypothetical. And thank you for understanding and helping me on my journey. It's all very confusing. It would be ridiculous to order that in my opinion, but be fun as well

The confusion is part of the journey. It takes some time to teach oneself to think and reason in a more disciplined manner. My personal understanding of the effect of "confusion" is: "Give me...the bag...?" Truthfully, many of us, including myself, do not wish to be pawns in the larger view of things. Yet, we often find ourselves being drawn into discussions that usually involve debatable topics. My preference is to smell and know "cheese" when it exists and occurs, and avoid it like the plague, because I like keeping my wits about me. FTR, debating things is sometimes futile because people have not done the research prior to discussing the topic, and only are looking for responses, not actually discussing the topic in earnest.

Sorry if I won't be a pawn this time around. I've got a few more "talking dog" stories to complete. Have fun, kids...

Back