HXDA paisley search

40159208042_4e5308c526.jpg

Sorry. I'm just having too much fun today.

Which one do you have? It has been through a few changes in features/controls.

I heard demos of this amp a few months back and was ALL ABOUT getting one. Then I saw how hard they are to find in the model I’d want and it kind of went back burner, after looking for over a month and not seeing any with a mids control on the used market. I also cranked my Custom 50 up one day and thought that I could dial it fairly close to the tones I heard on the MDT demo. Still would LOVE to get to play one some time to see it it goes back on the “must have” list.

Just ask the Village People...

Young man, there’s an amp you can buy,
I said young man, it will let the notes fly
Get one, and I’m sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time!

It’s fun to play through
An HXDA
It’s fun to play through
An HXDA!

You can play right at home, you’ll have tone to the bone,
There is joy and playing happy!

Young man, if you crank it up loud
I said young man, then the band will be proud,
Young man, yes your tone will be strong
You will want to play real long!

It’s fun to play through
An HXDA
It’s fun to play through
An HXDA!

After you get it, I’ll have to come up with a rendition of ‘We Are Family’...

Last edited:
Just ask the Village People...

Young man, there’s an amp you can buy,
I said young man, it will let the notes fly
Get one, and I’m sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time!

It’s fun to play through
An HXDA
It’s fun to play through
An HXDA!

You can play right at home, you’ll have tone to the bone,
There is joy and playing happy!

Young man, if you crank it up loud
I said young man, then the band will be proud,
Young man, yes your tone will be strong
You will want to play real long!

It’s fun to play through
An HXDA
It’s fun to play through
An HXDA!

After you get it, I’ll have to come up with a rendition of ‘We Are Family’...

That was awesome Les !

Which one do you have? It has been through a few changes in features/controls.

I heard demos of this amp a few months back and was ALL ABOUT getting one. Then I saw how hard they are to find in the model I’d want and it kind of went back burner, after looking for over a month and not seeing any with a mids control on the used market. I also cranked my Custom 50 up one day and thought that I could dial it fairly close to the tones I heard on the MDT demo. Still would LOVE to get to play one some time to see it it goes back on the “must have” list.
I have a very special one that's unlike any other MDT, from back when they still had the CAD shop (custom amp design or something). It's a 4x10 combo and had a gain boost switch added that customer service called an HXDA switch. It was on consignment from someone famous who had too many amps. Pictures:

https://reverb.com/item/513558-prs-...x10-amp-4-of-12-2011-paisley-burnt-gold-maple

It's actually kind of broken right now -- I have a matching 4x10 cab, so it was basically an 8x10 stack, and because the panel went face-up, I had the amp on the top, and my cats knocked it over. The jack broke, and I haven't had a chance to take it to the shop to get it fixed, so I don't know what else is wrong with it, but I'm thinking it's just the jack. I should take it to the PTC.

Last edited:
Back