HxDa or Paul's Amp

Soul&Tone

Are they both based on the 25th anniversary amp?

I checked on having a three way switch (25th, Hx, Da) added for my 25th anniversary amp, but I was told that it was not possible. I am leaning on having my amp modified to HXDA but after playing a friend's MDT Custom (clean) (2x12 celestion blue and gold) in Stereo with my 25th anniversary (prs cab 2x12 vintage 30's), I am having second thoughts because I really liked the tone.

I know I could go through CAD and get and MDT Custom, but is it any differenct than the new Paul's amp?

Thanks,

Wish I could assist. I know very little about the details of the amp line.

Wish I could help on the Paul's Amp (MDT) review. I've had a 2ch H - it had the nicest clean channel out of what I played, but really sensitive to noise (power line/cables, etc), struggled a bit with pedals. I sampled a Dallas and HX/DA to replace it and found the Dallas dirt a little too gritty for me, cleaned up nice and took pedals really well but didn't wow me. The HX/DA is amazing! Read Mr. Schefman's reviews of it, he hits all the details perfectly.

With all that said, my advice is to try as many as you can, and try to use your own guitars while doing so. Basically that's the approach I took, and fortunately I had a dealer that let me take amps home to try out with all my gear. The HX/DA is the one that remained.... I suppose I should do a NAD post, have to take time to photo the beast.

With all that said, my advice is to try as many as you can, and try to use your own guitars while doing so. Basically that's the approach I took, and fortunately I had a dealer that let me take amps home to try out with all my gear.

That is the way to go, and what a great dealer you're working with!

As you've said, I love the HX/DA, so much that I'd like to own a backup! But as my wife says, I am pretty sure my amp will outlive me!

So...I'm thinking that when it's released, I'll have to check out the ones DGT will be endorsing. Because one PRS amp is never enough. ;)

Back