HX/DA INFO (and my NAD 50 W Head(s)) Share your HXDA knowledge with the world!

I have the exact one you mention, the ET65 in a 2x12. The other speaker is an Invader. Great combo, these 2. This is the cab I use with the Friedman Smallbox 50.
Another speaker combo I have is the Invader & the Vet 30...I have this in a Marshall 2x12.
Another speaker combo I have is an Invader + a Retro 30 in a 2x12...I play a Wildwood 20 through it.
I also have a Marshall Jubilee RI 2x12 which comes with two proprietary 70w Celestion (vs 60w) V30's... I play a Jubilee RI through it.... Sounds very good!

Those are the cabs I know of and own at the moment

You've got a nice mix of speakers. You should find a set you love in that mix somewhere.

I find myself seriously regretting missing a deal on a 2x12 paisley HXDA 50 a short time before buying this head, at an even cheaper price. The more I play this, the more convinced I become that it is one of those “magic” designs that you just don’t get tired of playing. I may have to sell a few amps and get a second...

EDIT: HX/DA Number 2 is in the works...

Always have a backup, it's just good business.

Last edited:
I find myself seriously regretting missing a deal on a 2x12 paisley HXDA 50 a short time before buying this head, at an even cheaper price. The more I play this, the more convinced I become that it is one of those “magic” designs that you just don’t get tired of playing. I may have to sell a few amps and get a second...

Probably saved you some coin in back surgery!

Yes, I did it. Another 50 Watt HX/DA is in the Band Cave. Paisley and hardwood this time... that's variety, right?

"How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." Yngwie J. Malmsteen

JhVcbR2.jpg

Is there a better looking head? King of the HXDAs.
Yeah, kind of like Duane and Jimi riding in a Rolls Royce. I like it

I took some good interior pictures while checking it out, and the neatness of the internals is impressive. I’m not electrically-astute enough to go over the pros and cons of printed circuit vs hand wired, but the hand-wired stuff just ticks a box with me.

Last edited:
Yes, I did it. Another 50 Watt HX/DA is in the Band Cave. Paisley and hardwood this time... that's variety, right?

"How can less be more? That's impossible. More is more." Yngwie J. Malmsteen

JhVcbR2.jpg

I wasn't going to "like" this post. What with you buying up all the HX/DA's and all. But then you had to go quote Yngwie. So I reluctantly have to "like" this now.

That is smokin! It needs to reside at my home though. After considering that, I'm taking back a small percentage of my like. Not a lot. Just like, 5-10%.

Yeah, kind of like Duane and Jimi riding in a Rolls Royce. I like it

I took some good interior pictures while checking it out, and the neatness of the internals is impressive. I’m not electrically-astute enough to go over the pros and cons of printed circuit vs hand wired, but the hand-wired stuff just ticks a box with me.
Post them up. I'll go over the pros and cons. Some of what I say may even be correct, but I really just want to see the pics.

There is a 50 watt HXDA head on the Boston Craigslist for $1k, been listed a while.......matching 2x12 for 400 more. Charcoal stained faceplates.
That is a steal for that pair... if it were in Texas, I might be trying to explain to my wife why three isn’t really hoarding. The first HXDA head alone cost me more than that head and cab together! Can’t believe that hasn’t sold.

love the eyelet board builds. I always like turret boards better, but only because the eyelet holes can be much bigger requiring more solder, and I think the turret builds look cool. Other than that they are really the same.

Back