Hurricane Matthew

Drew

Wishing my fellow Floridian forum dwellers luck in the storm. I'm just north of Daytona and we are not in line for a direct strike. Just a brushing. However, south Florida is not going to be that lucky. The mayhem here is incredible. Gas stations are running out of fuel. I was in the supermarket at 7am today and the lot was full and lines at the registers already. Luckily I was able to fill my tank before fuel become scarce. My 33 gallon tank gets 580 miles so I am good. Getting ready for a wild day on Friday! Me, the dog, and a whole bunch of diet mountain dew. I don't have a little battery amp so I'll just have to go unplugged if we lose juice.

Prayers with you, your dog and everyone else in the South East. But you'll rue the day you DIDN'T buy a battery powered amp!!! ( I know I have.....)

Kevin

Here's hoping that the cold front that is approaching the East Coast pushes Matthew further out to sea...

Prayers with you, your dog and everyone else in the South East. But you'll rue the day you DIDN'T buy a battery powered amp!!! ( I know I have.....)

Kevin
ooh, good reminder! I have a battery-powered amp, and I should charge up the batteries tonight!

I can also just play my acoustic too, of course.

Yeah, fuel and food purchases yesterday were done without too much mayhem (and were part of our regular schedule, so these weren't panic procurements, just slightly bad timing), but I understand that today many gas stations are getting dry.

Here's hoping to no more than a close call for all of us! I'm in east Orlando. I am not jealous of my friends on the coast, right now.

Good Luck... We we're planning on being there Thursday through Monday for the Daytona Beach Blues Festival.. I'm glad they made my decision easy and canceled it... Good luck and Stay Safe

Per the most recent GFS model, the eye will pass over my area. It's going to be realllly interesting around here. Spending all day tomorrow making shutters. This is real, folks.

Per the most recent GFS model, the eye will pass over my area. It's going to be realllly interesting around here. Spending all day tomorrow making shutters. This is real, folks.

Stay safe! Don't take any unnecessary risks!

The more updates I'm seeing on Matthew, the more intense it's sounding. Just read it looks like it's strengthening as it approaches the coast.

Prayers, thoughts, and mojo going out to all of you and yours in the path. Be smart, be prepared, and be safe.

On break from doing shutters. I've had astroguard nylon fabric sitting in my garage in big stock sheets since I bought the house 3 years ago along with all of the brackets. The inserts were built into the house around the windows. I've been cutting, fitting, and screwing all day. Not the good screwing either. I will have installed over 1000 screws by the end of the day. Thank goodness for my impact wrench.

I'm a bit north of Melbourne, and we're in the crosshairs. Hope everyone has finished their prep and are hunkering down for a long night (and day tomorrow)

Al

My Dad got out. Brother is in Tampa. The rest of you guys, GTFO and be safe.

We woke up to no damage, no trees down, still have power. Since then we lost a section of lanai screening, which is minimal damage, especially since the screening is old and due for replacement...

It is still raining hard in bands, and the winds comes and goes.

Hope everyone else was just as lucky!

Glad y'all have come out ok.... death toll in Haiti is 800+ and rising. There but for accidents of birth.....

I'm in Rockledge, FL about 10 miles south of Port Canaveral. We lost some trees, and the sign at my business was obliterated, but we are safe and have power. The eye missed us by 15 miles, which made a HUGE difference.

Back