Humbucker Sized Single Coil

drdoom8793

THAT guy at Chick-fil-A
Anybody have any experience with humbucker sized single coil pickups in the neck position? I've used a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the past and it worked pretty well for my purposes, but wanted to hear if anybody else has any suggestions.

I plan on outfitting a CE22. The bridge pickup will be a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro. I'll be doing Alternative rock, but the main sound I'm looking for is in the vein of Paramore's song "Decode": very clean, chimey tones with a good bit of delay and reverb.

Thanks in advance!

Anybody have any experience with humbucker sized single coil pickups in the neck position? I've used a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the past and it worked pretty well for my purposes, but wanted to hear if anybody else has any suggestions.

I plan on outfitting a CE22. The bridge pickup will be a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro. I'll be doing Alternative rock, but the main sound I'm looking for is in the vein of Paramore's song "Decode": very clean, chimey tones with a good bit of delay and reverb.

Thanks in advance!

I put a set of these in a Project CE24. Love them. I know this is a bluesy video, but they are great pickups.

Not top line stuff, but I have made gorgeous sounds using the GFS Surf 90. I had purchased Fralin Twangmasters, and found them to be too bright/brittle. I like the Surf 90s because they are slightly fuller than a strat pickup and clearer than a P90.

If you have played a Vela, it's a VERY similar neck pickup....

They make them in black also....

Plus 1 for the GFS Surf-90's. I've used them in a couple of guitars and always found them to be fantastic, I had a Gretsch G5120 with them until last week when I got my Vela (my son now owns the gretsch) Like Markd21 said they sound almost identical soundwise. try one I promise you won't be disappointed.

I like Fralins, but I was going to go for the P92 or the Sunbuckers.

I believe Bareknuckle have P90s in a humbucker casing, that's another option.

Back