Humbucker Pole spacing SE245?

Jaysop

Hey everyone,
New to the forum and just got my first SE245.

Gotta admit I hate the zebra pickups.

I contacted PRS about what the pole spacing was to get some covers.

They said 50mm.
The ones I ordered are definitely just a hair to wide to fit properly.

Is there a chance that it's 49.2mm?
That seems to be the only other option I can see.

For what it's worth its a 2018 model.
According to PRS it's exactly the same as the current models except for color.

Thanks for any help!

Just measured the HFS/VBs I pulled from my 2015 30th and it's 49.2 neck and 52 Bridge.

Thank you for the link.

Measuring mine with my kids cheap school ruler mine are definitely the same neck and bridge.
Being that it's second hand I wonder if something has been replaced.

Both do say PRSSE on the back. Or something along those lines at least.

I did this to mine, regardless of the pole spacing. If it’s wrong, it don’t want to be right because it flippin’ sings!

se245pup2.jpg

I did this to mine, regardless of the pole spacing. If it’s wrong, it don’t want to be right because it flippin’ sings!

se245pup2.jpg
That's exactly what I hoping for. Same Tobacco Sunburst.
Do you happen to recall what size you needed?

That's exactly what I hoping for. Same Tobacco Sunburst.
Do you happen to recall what size you needed?
These are Seymour Duncan Antiquity hummers, so however they come, that’s what this is.

I've been told, both officially and inofficially that standard PRS spacing is 50 mm. so whenever I replace pups on my PRSs I've always ordered only 50 mm. option and they looked fine when installed. But one day I ordered a pair of 50 mm. covers made by Seymour Duncan to fit in my SE 245 like yours, the covers only fit with the neck position, not the bridge one. So the spacing of both pickup positions are actually different.

The pickup pole piece spacing on the neck pickup where the SD cover fit is 49-something. I forgot to measure the bridge pups so apologize for incomplete info, but honestly hope this helps.

Oh, eventually, I quited attempting for putting covers on stock pups but instead buying new pups with covers...:p

KePxPSG.jpeg

The neck position. Not 100% aligned fit but all screw heads pass the cover holes well.
JVxfiM7.jpeg

The bridge position is different. It can't.
EgJ3RcO.jpeg

E9DPlaR.jpeg

Seymour Duncan publishes their standard pole spacing as 49mm. Only the Trembucker is 52.

There would be no distinguishable difference in sound of 1mm. But then again, maybe that’s the secret sauce that works so well for me. ;)

Thanks for all the help.
After ordering a bunch in different sizes I found 2 that fit perfectly. Ended up being 2 49.2mm.

Also took some fitting as the holes in the body were pretty dam snug.

Looks great.

I do think I need to mess with height though.
They sound a bit dull. Might just be me but there's a perceived difference.

Back