HSH options.....

Swamp Ash Special

AvV8iee.jpg

There’s also another CU22 Special which was HSH, and technically the Brent Mason signature was one too.

Beautiful blue!

<------ My wife recently got me the Red 2006 SAS (Curly Maple & Birds!) in my avatar as a 20th Wedding Anniversary gift. I swear the thing is magical. I know my wife is.

Beautiful blue!

<------ My wife recently got me the Red 2006 SAS (Curly Maple & Birds!) in my avatar as a 20th Wedding Anniversary gift. I swear the thing is magical. I know my wife is.

They truly are fantastic! Mine does everything I want it to and more. Before owning mine I had only played the 25th anniversary Narrowfield ones and those were so cool as well. Would love to own one of those once prices come back to earth.

I liked everyone's post, because everyone's idea of a great guitar is a worthy thing.

I have one of the 2021 Special Semi-Hollows. I haven't picked up any guitar, including my incredible Private Stocks, since I got it forty days ago. Not that they're not great. It's that this guitar does so many interesting and cool things that exploring its capability is a joy.

Sure, this is probably a honeymoon post. OTOH, it's a wonderful instrument. I'd suggest giving one a spin, or at least, listening to the Bryan Ewald clip. I have zero regrets getting this guitar.

Except the bank account guilt I always have. ;)

As an happy owner of a modern eagle V and a special 22 (both private stocks), i have to say that they are obviously both amazing guitars.
I think the MEV is more what you usually expect from an HSH model: higher output, versatility, straty sounds ( but thats clearly not a strat)
The special 22 on the other end is … « special » ! Thats another beast ! That narrowfield sends the clean and the slighty overdriven sounds to another world. Its reaction to volume knob is just insane.

If i had to keep just one, i would go with the special 22

Beautiful blue!

WOW!!!! That's a fantastic gift for your 20th!! Congrats!

I liked everyone's post, because everyone's idea of a great guitar is a worthy thing.

I have one of the 2021 Special Semi-Hollows. I haven't picked up any guitar, including my incredible Private Stocks, since I got it forty days ago. Not that they're not great. It's that this guitar does so many interesting and cool things that exploring its capability is a joy.

Sure, this is probably a honeymoon post. OTOH, it's a wonderful instrument. I'd suggest giving one a spin, or at least, listening to the Bryan Ewald clip. I have zero regrets getting this guitar.

I think I see Bryan Ewald on my YouTube more than anyone else these days......

Until that cheque hits the bank, well you know electronic payment for the ad, but EP doesn’t sound as good!

Herman Li's guitar looks great. It's a new body and neck design - looks super thin too. I fancy once, if it ever becomes a production model.

EQiKslvXkAAq1p1.jpg

Mmmmm love that finish, I wonder why?!

Yes they both have 3 pickups :)
Lots of things change from there the 513 has a full array of single coil and humbucker tones in all positions
The SSH has 2 positions that can be tapped ( Bridge and neck ) Everything else has a humbucker attached to it some how and position 2+4 have the narrow field and at least
one coil of the bridge or neck pickup so depending on how you set up the narrow field the 2+4 can be hotter ( louder ) than any other positions on the guitar.
Love them both the SSH has a warmer rounder 335ish tone for me , the 513 can do anything you could ever need :)

IMG_6461 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kuM4bH]IMG_6450
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/152274366@N08/[/url]

This is the best HSH I've played and since PRS doesn't have a 24 fretter HSH, I think I'm safe to post some non-PRS content. The Ibanez PIA knocks it out of the park. I have one of these and it's really the only guitar I've owned outside of Music Man that competes with PRS on build quality. It's also just insanely fun to play.

p_region_PIA_3761_SLW_00_01_sub_1.jpg

This is the best HSH I've played and since PRS doesn't have a 24 fretter HSH, I think I'm safe to post some non-PRS content. The Ibanez PIA knocks it out of the park. I have one of these and it's really the only guitar I've owned outside of Music Man that competes with PRS on build quality. It's also just insanely fun to play.

p_region_PIA_3761_SLW_00_01_sub_1.jpg

I can play that game............

BEavT1Z.jpg

I can play that game............

BEavT1Z.jpg
It was tough to pass that color up. The Axe Palace had that one in stock for a few weeks and I almost broke since it's not that far of a drive. But, my local dealer had the white and gave me decent trades and also knocked it down another 15% so that was too good to pass up.

All of the first run colors were fantastic. I was lusting after the gold one too. BUT...how many of one guitar does one need???? Now there is the damn black and gold one. These are all killing me!

It was tough to pass that color up. The Axe Palace had that one in stock for a few weeks and I almost broke since it's not that far of a drive. But, my local dealer had the white and gave me decent trades and also knocked it down another 15% so that was too good to pass up.

All of the first run colors were fantastic. I was lusting after the gold one too. BUT...how many of one guitar does one need???? Now there is the damn black and gold one. These are all killing me!
I could do that black one. I love pink guitars, so this one was a no brainer. Plus, I found it a little Ma & Pa store in downstate Illinois. The next priciest guitar they had was $799. They were more than happy to accept my fair offer and move it.

Back