HSC Case for NEW 2020 S2 SC McCarty 594

Frank Luke

Pathfinder69
Could not find anything-period, on the PRS website about the case?
I have found $200 cases on Sweetwater that are called PRS Multi-fit?
How about the case that the Core 594 comes with?
Would much prefer SKB case (The weight) Found SKB cases that specify case for Les Paul and\or PRS McCarty?
Thanks Folks

Last edited:
Yes the core 594 singlecut and double cut both fit in the same multifit case. As do CU24...ect. ect. I have verified this with my guitars. Even fits SE guitars very nicely as well.

Ok, I guess that it then.
Yes the core 594 singlecut and double cut both fit in the same multifit case. As do CU24...ect. ect. I have verified this with my guitars. Even fits SE guitars very nicely as well.

Ok , I understand that. I guess I just will never know which case comes with the Core SC 594. There is "fit" and then their is perfectly contoured and designed for said guitar. But hey, guess I'll never know. Tough crowd. :)

I have both core 594 and SC594 and the cases are different from each other.
I also have an S2 SC and I bought a gator case for that one.

Thank You. Kind of what I was driving at but couldn't get the answer. Does the gator case fit it well? I do not play out anymore, mainly record at home studio. But I do go out and Jam now and then with friends in bands.

Thank You. Kind of what I was driving at but couldn't get the answer. Does the gator case fit it well? I do not play out anymore, mainly record at home studio. But I do go out and Jam now and then with friends in bands.
Not perfectly, the gator case was made for a les Paul and the S2 body is a little bit thinner so when the case is closed there’s a slight gap under the body of the guitar, I put a folded up cloth underneath the body so it doesn’t pivot at the neck joint. this might not be the case with the S2 594. I think that model has a thicker body.

My core SC594 came with the multi fit case as the factory delivered case. I put my CU24s in there from time to time when i don't want to dig out their specific identical cases. Also my buddies DC594 case was identical to my SC594 case, and we jam together quite often...gotta make sure not to mix them up.

Only cases i have that are different are my artist cases. Those are specific from DC to SC.

BTW...you could easily solve this problem by buying more PRS guitars!! haha

Actually, I have been thinking about my choice. Yes I love the neck, etc, etc, etc. With the tuners(I had to have locking tuners) and the multi-fit case I am $2,100. Hopefully as I play the guitar the pickups will prove to be OK for me. They are my first Humbuckers many decades.

So the tuners went on very easily............BUT, the lines (indents, marks) from the vintage tuners I doubt will ever come out. But I did NOT buy the guitar to sell it. So no biggie here. I guess it could be refinished\whatever) but I sure do not care.
I wanted to add. I am not sure what Vintage type tuners PRS used before but these are really nice tuners. Brass stock and all. I only changed because I like\need locking tuners. All of my strats and teles that did not come with locking tuners were changed immediately by me....over many decades.

Got the case today! It is a really well put together case. Thanks for helping me understand which was which and how well the fit was. It is heavy, but thats ok. Great case........

Here’s my 594 Soapbar Limited in a Les Paul case, fits fine. It has its own case, this was a pic for someone else asking if an LP case would work.

8mQTbqD.jpg

PRS has always had cases that fit multiple guitars, which is fine with me as they hold the guitars quite well. Some have their own cases due to dimension, then there are Artist cases if you want something a little spiffier.

Back