How would PRS Sterilize Guitars???

NERD ALERT! Most virus' do not survive long on raw wood, as the wood breaks down the lipid structure of the virus matrix. 2 - 3 hours at best. The sanding process will kill off more of the 'bugs' as will the chemicals used in the various finishing processes. So, essentally the guitars can roll off the line reasonably free of viral nasties.

The biggest threat to exposure and transmission is between the employees themselves. As long as everyone wears proper respirators, and avoids sneezing and coughing on each other, everything should be good.

If I can't sneeze or cough on my coworkers then what's the point of going to work?

PRS knows that they have to follow strict rules in order to resume business, and that's what they're doing (and kudos for continuing to pay in full to their staff). However, most of the rules that governments are enforcing are overkill, have no scientific basis and only hinder companies more. Some beaches here in Portugal have been sprayed with bleach...

Unless employees are displaying symptoms and are unprotected, you shouldn't need to do anything extra to the guitar while building it, besides washing hands frequently and follow social distancing. Even if you could contaminate the guitar, there wouldn't be enough viral load on it by next day it is handled, much less the stores or costumers. These rules only serve to manage the fear, not the disease.

The only virus you can catch on a PRS is the constant need for quality and beauty. And that's something I'm dying to catch, being that the pandemic has delayed my ability to purchase my first one.

Why on earth would they sterilize a musical instrument?

People are really getting carried away.

There’s a pretty common-sense answer to your question. It’s to keep the employees healthy. If a worker who has the virus handles the work piece, then hands it off to the next step in production... That next worker could pick up the virus from the work piece.

Back