jacenty

Hi there. I got a Core 22 with winged locking tuners last December and I was a little puzzled about how to use them. Then after doing some research and posting photos, @DISTORT6 mentioned that a lot of people might not know how to set these up properly.

Long story short, I've made a video 'how to'. This is my first time making something like that, so I appreciate any feedback. And I have ideas for more PRS related videos coming up. :)

Last edited:
Phase II and III tuners are much easier to use, are less prone to slipping, and have a higher gear ratio. It's advisable to upgrade to them and find the proper winged tuner recycling service.

and by that, you mean you!:D

Bless you!
Crooked wings are my PRS pet peeve. :D
A little tip for the high E-string: I wrap the string around my diagonal cutters to help keep extra tension while I'm pulling up on the string.

Bless you!
A little tip for the high E-string: I wrap the string around my diagonal cutters to help keep extra tension while I'm pulling up on the string.

Oooh! Nice, I'll try that next time.

Phase II and III tuners are much easier to use, are less prone to slipping, and have a higher gear ratio. It's advisable to upgrade to them and find the proper winged tuner recycling service.

Even though my sarcasm detector overloaded on this comment, I'll take the other side and wholeheartedly agree. ditch the wings and get some real tuners.

I have actually passed on guitars just because of the winged devils.
If I want that kind of hassle, I'll order a Charvel with a Floyd Rose.

Bless you!
Just press the trem arm slightly before locking. Makes for the perfect Christmas tree.

Back